MW2 - Old School?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Tokiopop, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Does anyone know if it will have Old School mode?

I really only play that mode now due to countless noobs, stupid perks/over powered weapons etc.

Can't seem to find anything else where, so I guess I wont be getting MW2... :(

2. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

[cynicism]
    My guess is that anything NOT about being a console action games aimed at boosting the ego of 14-year old male XBOX360 target audience won't be included.
    [/cynicism]

3. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

If you're going to be silly, at least get my age right. If you were meaning me.

4. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Actually I was assuming that YOU were tired of getting stuck in matches with 14 year olds ...

But yeah, I'm being silly. My expectations of MW2, though, are very low. Penny Arcade nailed it - hardcore gamers are NOT a significant interest factor to the game industry, and hardcore PC gamers even less so.

5. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Ahh, sorry about that :p

Yeah, I am getting a little sick of the people in normal matches... I've started playing some PC games now instead, like CS:S :D

6. iorn sights macrumors newbie

“Arcade nailed it - hardcore gamers are NOT a significant interest factor to the game industry, and hardcore PC gamers even less so.”

Yeah, I suppose it all really boils down to a question of whether folks who like to play old school are a profitable market– and it is beginning to appear that we aren’t. Hahaha! Shame, though, as I do find a number of the maps on the MW2 multiplayer mode fun and elaborately realistic: perfect for old school matches. I’d play old school exclusively if it were offered.

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

What is Old School mode anyway?

And on a side note, not directed necessarily directed at you OP, but I am so fatigued at hearing people complain about teens and tweens playing MW. Just mute everyone. And whining about perks being abused and kill streaks etc... *sigh* just get better or stop playing. YES, it can be infinitely annoying to have 3 helicopters and air strikes destroying your team but just as many times it swings in your favor and you crush the opponents.

I'm not saying you can't yearn for the days of old, when FPS games were a gentleman's affair online, where instead of some 14 year old calling you a "fag" you had some neo-nazi comparing his team's prowess to upcoming the Fourth Reich via text because voice chat wasn't around yet. But honestly, this is how it is now and it's all those teens fueling these blockbuster hits so why focus on you?

/rant

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

Better yet, just give up on MW2 altogether and play something, anything, that allows a dedicated server. Then, rules can be enforced and the little turds can be flushed right off the server, and permanently.

9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Slighty OT but I usually l-o-v-e it when people do that 'cause I'm the dude on the other team running w/a Stinger and Cold Blooded that shoots down enemy aircraft as soon as they appear. Few things feel more rewarding than blowing up someone's Chopper Gunner before they are even able to get a shot off.

Lethal

10. Hmac macrumors 68020

If you have a dedicated server, the server owner can just turn the chopper off altogether. Or decrease its armor. Another reason to skip MW2.

11. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

It only takes one Stinger to down the chopper and I think it'd be a little ridiculous to see small arms downing choppers left and right.

12. Hmac macrumors 68020

The point is, for a lot of people, the chopper in COD4 is ridiculous and they would prefer not to play it. So...they seek servers where its been disabled or de-armored and can be brought down with a couple of pistol shots. On MW2, no such option exists. Customizable play experience and effective methods of dealing with potty-mouthed 12 year olds are two of the reasons why many PC gamers won't play MW2.

13. bailmdb macrumors newbie

I've gotten around a lot of the glitching by exclusively playing Free For All. Of course, now I have to deal with the cheating [FAGS]Nuke Boosters[/FAGS]. But then again, there's little more in the game as rewarding as finding the pair (or trio) when they're at 20 kills and taking them all out. hahah. Completely worth it at that point.