Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Over the last couple of years, the quicktime streaming option has always left me very dissapointed. Maybe with the new codec this might change, although, I've tried to connect now - 9 minutes to go and the connection timed out.

Anyone else got something?

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
this is pissing me off, I haven't been able to connect. Damn.....

when did you get your connection?

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
The MPEG-4 option didn't work at all for me. Every time I selected it my computer locked and I had to reboot.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I could barely connect at all. I explained it before, so I won't again.

I think that since so many people have Quicktime 6 people are using the better service, MPEG-4, and because so many people are using the one broadcast stream from MPEG-4 the broadcast streaming content was really getting F'ed up. Plus, since so many people tried to rebuffer to attempt to get better quality (that is what a lot of people did for the last Expo, I think), that F'ed up the quality even more. I would probably venture to guess that even if you had a T30^2 you still would get the quality/reliability of dial-up. It is just that so many people watch these things, some X hundred thousand or million people, probably.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.