MWSF and Tokyo

MacManJapan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2001
Expect iMacs to be announced at MWT, Dugital Hub devices at MWSF. Japan is a key market for Apple. It is already saturated with digital this and that (granted, not from Apple).

I am expecting LCD iMacs with a 'revolutionary' design - it needs an overhaul at MWT.

G5, new 'boxes' for the pro models and a new digital device (hand-writting recognition tablet?) for MWSF.

Not too over the top in terms of expectations!

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I hope that you are correct about the G5 coming out at MWSF. We have been waiting longer then I expected for the next generation of processor to come out. I read a few years back that Apple had planned a new generation (i.e. G4, G5 etc.) every 2 years. I believe that it has been longer then 2 years since the G4 was introduced, so it is about time the G5 comes out.

I will have my charge card ready and waiting for the release, and for when I can actually order and receive one. I do not expect those to be the same time, but can hope.

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
This is pure speculation.

Everything we learned so far from various rumors was that the new iMac will be released an MWSF not in Tokyo.

As for the G5 it seems if currently nobody actually knows what's going on. Rumor sources disagree with each other one saying that we're going to see it soon other that it's not going to be released before mid 2002.

Personally, I don't expect to see the G5 before MWNY. Why? Because the G4 has not yet reached its limits and is way too young. And since I don't expect Apple to discontinue the G4 just yet, I don't expect them to launch a third processor line either.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I don't think that Apple will stop using the G4 processor, since they could put it into the iMac. But G5 desktops would be very, very nice (it's on my wish list). I wouldn't expect them to stop using the G4 in laptops until next year (2003) or so.

Since this is all rumors and speculation, we will just have to wait and see. I do know that when the G5 does come out, I will be getting one. Mainly because I will have sold my G4 tower before then (I hope).

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
All I know is that I wont be buying a powermac this januay unless its a G5! I am not buying a G4 when in a month or two a new chip comes out!! I'm sure there are other people like me out there? Therefore, could apple push out the G5 sooner than we think to increase sales?

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by Falleron
All I know is that I wont be buying a powermac this januay unless its a G5! I am not buying a G4 when in a month or two a new chip comes out!! I'm sure there are other people like me out there? Therefore, could apple push out the G5 sooner than we think to increase sales?
Can I get an AMEN!!!??