Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Douchebag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2022
My accessories setup is: Magic Trackpad (left), Magic Keyboard (middle) and MX Master 3S (right).

I like quickly using the Trackpad for gestures on the left side, but I love the feel of the MX Master 3S for general mouse-functionality.

My problem is that I want the scroll on the MX Master 3S to not be natural (pull towards myself to scroll down), but I want all gestures in general to still be natural (on the Magic Trackpad, in addition to the Macbook trackpad when not docked to my setup).

Is there any way to achieve this with built in settings, or any additional software?

I am on day two of turning of natural scroll, but I'm going to have to give up to get back my gestures and start scrolling the "wrong way" on my MX Master 3S again.

Note: I love the Logitech MX Master 3S (i used MX Master 3 in my old job, where I had to use a Windows-based computer - but i recently started a new job where I can go back to Apple again) and it aesthetically matches pretty well up with my white Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard now that's available in white. It's definitely the best mouse I've ever used. If there's any solutions that has worked for MX Master 1/2/3 I'd love to hear about them as I assume there wouldn't be a big difference.

Douchebag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2022
"Trackpad" and "Mouse" seems to have them synced, if i change one, the other also updates accordingly.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Yes, with the Logi Options+ software. That's Logitech's Mac Software to configure the devices. My Mac Trackpad options are set to scrolling "Natural". Then in the Logitech software I have my mouse (MX Master 3, non-S) set to scroll direction "Standard". It works as you are looking for.

My setup is Magic Trackpad (left), MX Mechanical keyboard, MX Master 3 (right).

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
The Logitech drivers will do this for you, but if you’re not using it, there’s a little freeware app called Scroll Reverser will do just this.

Reactions: Douchebag

Douchebag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2022
Thanks, that worked perfectly (I had Logi Options (non-plus) for some reason, which didn't allow me to make the changes, but with Logi Options+ everything worked out perfectly)!

Nice setup btw, haven't tried the MX Mechanical, but loved the MX Keys one when i was using Windows - went for Apple to get the Touch ID login functionality rather than MX Mechanical this time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.