Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkRoWx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Canada
I own the MX 5500 cordless desktop keyboard/mice combo from Logitech, just wondering if anybody here in the forum who paired the MX Revolution Bluetooth with their Macs.

At first I intentionally bought the combo just so I can have the Bluetooth MX paired with my MBP, replacing the G5. There's a connection between the mouse and the laptop (as in I can use the mouse), but the many of the features and buttons on the MX has been disabled. My Search button won't even activate anything, and every other buttons other than the left and right click only triggers the scrolling.

I should have the latest Logitech Control Centre, but I can't configure anything at all. Even under Mouse/Keyboard settings in System Preferences, MX Revolution isn't even registered as a bluetooth mouse under the Bluetooth tab.

I am wondering if anybody out there that has a similar set up as mine and have the MX running at full potential. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Syonidism

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Turkey
Hey, I just got my MX Revolution in the mail for a total of $65 from Gittigidiyor(e-bay for Turkey) and here's my config:

-left button----------------------------------------Click(Left click)
-right button--------------------------------------Click(Right Click)
-microgear precision scroll wheel----------------vertical scroll(default settings)
-microgear precision scroll wheel button--------click(unchangeable)
-tilt left--------------------------------------------horizontal scroll(both MAX)
-tilt right------------------------------------------horizontal scroll(both MAX)
-thumb back button------------------------------Keys(cmd+alt+left arrow)
-thumb forward button---------------------------Keys(cmd+alt+right arrow)
-one touch search button------------------------Keys(cmd+w)
-thumb wheel forward---------------------------Keys(cmd+1)
-thumb wheel backward-------------------------Keys(cmd+2)
-thumb wheel button----------------------------Click(Middle mouse button)

Now since i just got this, this is my first set-up however i am actually REALLY pleased with this. I implore you to take a look.

The thumb back and forward is for firefox tab switching, i usually read a lot so using only the mouse for this purpose is good 4 global 4 me.

Thumb wheel forward and backward are one of my favorite buttons, they change the desktops and since i use only 2 ( honestly i think more than 4 is just confusing )

The middle key takes some getting used to ( hardcore scroll wheel clicker here ) however once you get used to it (especially if youve set up the squeeze for middle mouse button on mighty mouse its a lot easier) it'll be something worthwhile.

At first i wished that logitech would disable the unchangeable microgear scroll wheel click (from default free scroll to clicky-clacky scroll) But since ive programmed the thumb wheel button for the middle mouse button it became a real charm.

Hope you like my set-up.

Ice-Cube

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
MX Revolution is a wireless mouse yes but not via Bluetooth. There is a USB transmitter that came with it that requires you to plug it into the computer. Hence you are looking at the wrong place. You do need to install Logitech Control Centre to see and configure the mouse. I hope that helps.

wetrix

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.