MX Revolution broke my mouse cursor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jaypee68, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jaypee68 macrumors regular

I got a new Logitech MX Revolution today, and I plugged in the USB dongle, and turned on the mouse, and everytime I move the mouse, the cursor shoots over to the right hand side of the screen. I thought maybe I was having a conflict with an existing install of the Logitech control center, but it doesn't matter what mouse I plug in, I still have the same problem. i've tried both the mighty mouse, and the other Logitech mouse I have, and I get the same result.

My mac is totally useless, I can't even navigate enough to turn off USB Overdrive in case that is an issue to. Can some help please? I sit here looking at a useless $2500 paperweight. :-(

Edit: I have booted into safe mode and removed both USB Overdrive and the Logitech Control Center, and I still have this mouse cursor issue after reboot. But while I"m in safe mode, my mouse works just fine.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try repairing permissions, it could be the source, otherwise you may have to do some tracing in the logs or take it to an Apple Store or contact Logitech's Tech Support.

TEG

3. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

OS X ran a verify/repair on "System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.usbmuxd.plist" says it should be -rw-r--r-- and that they were -rwxr-xr-x. Then it said Group differs on "private/etc/cups", should be 0, group is 26. Hopefully that does the trick. Will know more on the reboot.

4. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

6. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I figured out my problem. The problem is that I'm a complete idiot, the type of user I can't stand to support, I use acronyms and nicknames like PEBKAC or id10t error. You see, I own an Wacom Intuos 3 6x8 tablet, and when I was installing the mouse, I moved the digipen holder with the pen in it on to the side of the active pad. Well what do you think happens when you do that? A USB mouse and the tablet fight for superiority and the pad wins by homing the cursor to the side of the screen.

I feel like a total idiot, but just wanted to share this with all of you hoping that some of you would appreciate the humor in this. :rolleyes:

7. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

dont you love it when you think a serious issue would become so serious but then u realize u just made an idiot move

lol have fun w/ the mouse
    i have it and its awesome