MX revolution or Mamba razor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ChiNNeSSeeBoy94, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ChiNNeSSeeBoy94 macrumors member

hey i am deciding on getting a new mouse. its either the mx revolution or wireless mamba razor. any one here can give me advice or why one of them is better then the other? thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Never used the Mamba, but I can say the Rev is very nice; smooth action, excellent performance and battery life, excellent weight and balance, nice ergonomics [for the right hand].

I have both the VX and the MX, both are good.

3. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

4. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

How long can the MX revolution go without having to charge it?

5. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

mine goes about 1.5 months with normal batteries and about 3 with those lithium ion ones. ( note : I use the mouse for about 14-18 hours a day so your time may be longer )

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm... which version/year had batteries?

7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

8. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

oops forgot I have the MX 610 ( its right handed version ) but they replaced it with the 620. I don't know what you mean by year though...

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The MX620≠MX Revolution?

They have updated the MX Revolution and made a Bluetooth one, but to my knowledge they hadn't made a AA Version.

To the OP, I get a month and a half probably, whenever it gets below 2 bars, I recharge.

10. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I had the right handed mx 610 ( like I said they replaced it with the 620 ) and it Does use AA batteries 2 of them I guess the new ones don't though.

11. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

If you're just going to be using it for general pointing and clicking, if you could, try them both out in stores first and see which one you're most comfortable. If you're going to be gaming, then get the Mamba.

12. afters macrumors member

Really? I've never had more than 3 days on mine and that's been the case for about a year and a half worth of usage. Mine must be defective then....

13. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    Mamba is made for gaming. My recommendation would be a Pro Click v1.6. It looks awesome near a white MacBook. If you want something for Office, you should look over Microsoft's Arc for its innovative design.

14. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I've had an MX Revolution for a few weeks now. I pulled the trigger when Best Buy put it on sale for $39. I am really impressed so far. The feel is great and the custom configuration is awesome. Like someone else said go in the store and try them both out.

15. nutritious macrumors 6502

I've owned both mice. The mx revolution is far better for regular desktop use. It has much better battery life, better placement of buttons for desktop use, and the scroll wheel is better. I'd only get the mamba if you do serious gaming. I personally replaced my mamba with the mx revolution and could not be happier.

16. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Logitech appear to be dribbling out their corporate mouth a new 2009 range of mice. The MX Revolution is a couple of years old now and I think a successor could be on the horizon. That said, the MX Revolution is still a very very good mouse and I strongly recommend it.

17. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

More importantly, the MX Revolution is a unique mouse compared to the rest of the line. The unique cures are incredible.