MX revolution scroll wheel making allot of sound?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mladenz, Sep 3, 2008.

1. mladenz macrumors regular

Well yesterday i bought a mx revolution, now i am happy with it, i love the looks and alle the buttons, except.... the scroll wheel, it makes allot of sound... does every mx revolution do that or is mine broken ? Also when i scroll, for example: i scroll downwards and i stop, the scroll automaticly pushes the mouse a bit upwards?

for the one that would like to hear it: you can hear the sound here, www.mladenz.com/Film1.mov

thank you.

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

I don't know about the scrolling/pointer issue but the noise is normal for the MX series.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yes I agree that the noise is normal for the regular scroll function of the MX Revolution, but have you clicked the scroll the scroll wheel itself one time to put it in the HyperScroll mode? That to me is the main reason I bought my MX Revolution in the first place and love it no end! However, if you are IN the hyper mode and it makes sound like that, THAT is not right.

In the HyperScroll mode, the scroll wheel is virtually silent with NO "stops" that it is currently hitting to make that sound-- it is essentially free-wheeling and is great for scrolling short OR long distances down a page. In the "normal" mode it just acts like any other mouse with a scroll wheel.

Edit: I just tried it back in the back in the "normal" mode since I do not have the "push the mouse upwards" problem when hyper scrolling, and I can only say that I still do not in normal mode either. I am not using the pesky Logitech Control Center software that came with it either, so it not really a fair comparison though. Since Logitech has had so many problems with the LCC for Mac computers reported, I have been using USB Overdrive for my mice for quite some time which works great. Perhaps the mouse jumping has some LCC basis, but I can't really say. Try the hyper scroll method and see if it continues (which I doubt it will).

4. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

i took it to the shop, and he compared it with another brand new mx revolution and it was the same, but i got used to the scroll sound now, i think that the sound didnt bother me but that the speed of the scroll was really low, but i fixxed it now and im really happy with it:D

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

So I take it then that you don't like the smooth scrolling mode of that mouse that is virtually silent?