MX Revolution / Steermouse Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Gunga Din, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

I just picked up the MX Revolution and Steermouse (since i read here that the logitech drivers are horrible).

(1) The Scroll Wheel. When its in click (ratchet) mode , if i click slightly up or down it hardly moves. Is this normal? I tried some different settings but it feels weird.

(2) Sometimes when I click the middle button down it wont switch to free wheel. I have to turn off the mouse or unplug the usb and back in again.

(3) Whatever setting I choose in steermouse, the pointer always seems inaccurate or lags slightly. What tracking speed and sensitivity are u using in steermouse. Also, what do u have set under Keyboard/Mouse under hardware in the system preferences.

Thanks for any feedback.

Just trying to get this thing straight

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

1. One single "click" of the wheel will scroll a very tiny amount, it's normal I think. I'm actually using Logitech's drivers right now which offer scroll wheel acceleration, so I don't remember how Steermouse worked very clearly.

2. Seems to be a bug with Steermouse. I had the same problem and the same solution.

3. I thought the same thing, just couldn't find a setting that felt "right". I used Steermouse with a MX1000 and it was terrific, but not so with the MX Revolution.

It was actually points 2 and 3 that drove my away from Steermouse to Logitech's drivers. They're not bad like they used to be but have their own set of bugs different from Steermouse - for me, less significant than having to unplug the USB dongle all the time or adjust to the funky acceleration curve (Logitech's drivers are better but still not perfect. The Windows version gets it just right :().

3. Gunga Din thread starter macrumors 6502

When your in click mode, can u spin the wheel a bit ? Not like free spin, but does yours spin a bit. Seems excessive on mine when i'm in click mode.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

No, it stops immediately. But I have it on auto so that when I give it a good spin it switches to frictionless mode.