MX Revolution, VX, or MX

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jshelton, Dec 18, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Which is better, pros, cons, etc?

I don't game, but I need a mouse that is precise and that will track on multiple surfaces. My Mighty Mouse worked fine for almost a year, and now the tracking is all screwed up. Help me pick out a Logitech.

Thanks.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Get a PMX, latest mouse out there from Logitech. Even tracks on glass if you're into that.

3. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

The MX Revoltion does work rather well on mixed surfaces. By that I mean I use a wool carpet from ikea and sometimes a cushion on the couch. Hell I even used a jeaned thigh for casual gaming!

Tip Top.

4. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I recommend MX518. I used it at work on many OSes (Win, OS X, *nix) and loved it enough to pick one up myself. With USB Overdrive, it has (almost) the same amount of functionality (minus button above and below scroll wheel) as it does in Windows and then some since USB Overdrive allows for large amounts of customization.

Edit: Actually just noticed that the + and - button adjust the tracking on the mouse. Would rather have them mapped to Command-~ and Shift-Command-~, but at least I know they work now.

5. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

As a warning, I got the Performance MX mouse and it often loses click. Like when you are trying to save something or open a menu item, all of a sudden the mouse become unresponsive. The only thing to do is to hit the escape button and tap the button several times until it begins to work again. Very frustrating when you are trying to get work done.

Other than that (really bad issue), it's a decent mouse with some cool features.