Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboRiceCooker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Northern VA
I just updated my iPhone 3G to 2.1 jailbroken. I synced everything, didn't restore any backups in iTunes, then I installed all of my old apps I had before. When I try to download some YouTube vids with MxTube I would get this error. I already uninstalled it and reinstalled it a couple of times and I'd still get the error. I have no idea what to do now, I'm pretty sure I don't have to restore it again, cause this was a completely fresh install.

TurboRiceCooker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Northern VA
Never mind I fixed it. I SSH'd into my phone and had to force remove a corrupted folder belonging to MxTube and everything works fine now.

rtclee

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2008
Never mind I fixed it. I SSH'd into my phone and had to force remove a corrupted folder belonging to MxTube and everything works fine now.

Hi, i have got the same problem. Tried restore and repeat the process but it does not help.

can you advice the step to perform SSH'd to remove the corrupted folder or where to find such guide.

Thanks in advance

TurboRiceCooker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Northern VA
Hi, i have got the same problem. Tried restore and repeat the process but it does not help.

can you advice the step to perform SSH'd to remove the corrupted folder or where to find such guide.

Thanks in advance

I simply went to this directory
/private/var/mobile/Library/MxTube
then I deleted the MxT2_socket folder.
Hope this helps!

Cmunny

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
It Doesn't Work!!

I simply went to this directory
/private/var/mobile/Library/MxTube
then I deleted the MxT2_socket folder.
Hope this helps!

OMG!!! What the hell... i got cyberduck and openssh on my mac and iphone v2.1 and I deleted the socket folder from my iphone, tried it, and it still didn't work so I, for the 3rd time I un-installed and re-installed mxtube and no diff! My mxtube actually doesn't get to the cannot connect to the socket pop up, as soon as I search for videos it crashes and goes to my home screen, it's getting SOOO frustrating! Could someone help me out???

aguascal

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2008
OMG!!! What the hell... i got cyberduck and openssh on my mac and iphone v2.1 and I deleted the socket folder from my iphone, tried it, and it still didn't work so I, for the 3rd time I un-installed and re-installed mxtube and no diff! My mxtube actually doesn't get to the cannot connect to the socket pop up, as soon as I search for videos it crashes and goes to my home screen, it's getting SOOO frustrating! Could someone help me out???

I had the same problem- I think you need to update to 1.5b of mxtube.
Go into cydia->manage-> manage packages -> mxtube -> modify to update to 1.5b

neobond69

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Same issue, reinstalled, cleaned; no success

Hm...
I reinstalled mxtube with a reboot after every step,
I removed MxT2_socket

but with no success... Any more ideas

Thx
Andi

PS: You might also review attached logfile

Attachments

• log.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 340

Cmunny

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah you're right I upgraded my mxtube in cydia and it's working fine now. :D

Cmunny

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
Hm...
I reinstalled mxtube with a reboot after every step,
I removed MxT2_socket

but with no success... Any more ideas

Thx
Andi

PS: You might also review attached logfile

Have you tried upgrading mxtube as previously stated? Try that cuz it worked for me...

neobond69

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Have you tried upgrading mxtube as previously stated? Try that cuz it worked for me...

I do have v 1.5b installed already, so no upgrade option for me :(

As I stated out before I also reinstalled quite a few times....

But to jump in more detailed... It says "error connecting to socket", so why did deleting a symbolic link (obviously towards the socket) helped out?!?!
Also I think it has to be some rights issue... Just no idea where to fix permission

Thx for thinking
Andi

Cmunny

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008

But to jump in more detailed... It says "error connecting to socket", so why did deleting a symbolic link (obviously towards the socket) helped out?!?!
Also I think it has to be some rights issue... Just no idea where to fix permission

Thx for thinking
Andi

I dunno man sorry. Have you tried doing a full restore? Yeah it might be some kind of rights issue but like you I don't know how to get through that... Other than that I really don't know what it could be... Good luck.

Cmunny

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
have you tried dtunes?

Thx for thinking
Andi

If you can't figure out what's up with your mxtube dtunes is an alternative. It's close to the same thing, you can stream or download songs, videos, and there's a torrent section that I have yet to look into. it's not as simple but it's still easy to use.

neobond69

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
If you can't figure out what's up with your mxtube dtunes is an alternative. It's close to the same thing, you can stream or download songs, videos, and there's a torrent section that I have yet to look into. it's not as simple but it's still easy to use.

Yes, dtunes is an alternative!!! But what a pitty not for me cause my 2 yr old son loves his the builder videos ;)

Thx...

Hopefully someone will find out a solution for the socket issue with mxtube, the programmer maybe ;)

Hardstyle

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2009
Sorry for bringing this up. Found this thread by Googling and wanted to share this with you guys.

I had the same problem with my 1st generation iPhone. Problem is that removing the app doesn't delete the Mxtube folder from Library cause of the "socket" file.

This is how I did it.Removed the Mxtube. Renamed the MxTube folder from the library to Empty and installed Mxtube again. Very simple fix. Dunno about the 3g version though..

neobond69

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
No success

Sorry for bringing this up. Found this thread by Googling and wanted to share this with you guys.

I had the same problem with my 1st generation iPhone. Problem is that removing the app doesn't delete the Mxtube folder from Library cause of the "socket" file.

This is how I did it.Removed the Mxtube. Renamed the MxTube folder from the library to Empty and installed Mxtube again. Very simple fix. Dunno about the 3g version though..

Tried it... Thanx for the tip, but no success for me :(

Does anyone know how to show the destination of a symbolic link?? Think there is the problem... MxTube simply doesn't find the dest...

Also I do download the videos through tooble (on a mac) and put them into iTunes... A simple sync does the rest... But I would appreciate MxTube cause it is simpler when on the road ;)

Thx
Andi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.