My 1.1.2 Jailbreak Diary

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Football1maniac, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I made the notion and have started to Jailbreak my iPod with the 1.1.2 Software Update on it. All is going well so far. First, I downloaded that OktoPrep software and then performed the update. After climbing through the software update process, I finally got to the "Slide To Unlock" screen. But now, the little spinning thing in the middle (like what you see after you download an App) is now constantly spinning. Once in a while it will stop, and then my iPod look ready to be unlocked, then it comes back.

Will repost once i've moved on

Any questions, you know who I am.:rolleyes::apple:

2. iNeurox macrumors member

The exact same thing happened to me !!!

I just don,t know why this happened...I did all correctly, like you.

Now, what I'm currently doing is a restore. I cliked on both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time and connected it to iTunes and clicked Restore. It's now downloading. I hope this will solve my problem. I think I might not jailbreak 1.1.2 as of now. Might wait for 1.1.3 or whatever it is to come out before attempting a jailbreak...

3. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

In conclusion of my fiasco, I had to restore my iPod under Recovery Mode. Scanned Google far and wide for 1.1.1, went to Jailbreakme.com, did the OktoPrep.app thing, and used the Windows.bat file. Worked perfectly.:D:apple:

4. DataThief macrumors member

Don't know about that Football1maniac just saw you posted another message that your touch is screwed again. Sorry but LOL

5. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Trust me, its been a long journey since Sunday. But hey, I just need to stop screwing around with it.:rolleyes::apple:

Everything worked out well again, at least I know I can't brick it.;)

6. TEKDUDE27 macrumors newbie

same thing is happening to me i am also running a restore.

good luck

btw there is u get 1.1.1 download

7. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I've ReRestored and everything works again. I'm sending my computer in for repair for 2 weeks, (Sony VAIO, :rolleyes:) so hopefully all goes well with it until then.;):apple:

8. iNeurox macrumors member

After doing a restore yesterday, today, I went in /library/iTunes/SoftwareUpdates and there, I found the 1.1.1 firmware. I downgraded to that. After that, I jailbroke my iPod with jailbreakme.com. Then I updated to 1.1.2 and used the package made by the DevTeam to jailbreak. Everything went smooth during the process. All my apps are back on my Touch now. I just don't know why the first time it didn't work...I'm writing this from my jailbroken 1.1.2 iTouch !