Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMan112

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I have a 10 gb 3G iPod. It's been working great up until about last week. Now, in the middle of playing a song, the audio wil stop but the screen will show that the song is still playing. When I try to skip to the next song, it freezes up for a few seconds, then starts working fine again.

Anyone have this problem? Unfortunately, my warranty ended in February, so I guess I can't do much about this.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
yeh, maybe a quick erase and a reset will fix the problem.

Have you tried this?

I think people forget somtimes that the iPod is in essence a small computer. It needs a little TLC too sometimes!

Hey, maybe a hug will fix it?

MrMan112

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ok...

I just used iPod Updater to format my iPod and start fresh.

When I started putting all my music back on the iPod, iTunes got stuck on one song. Eventually, I tried to eject the iPod but this didn't work so I ended up just resetting the iPod and plugging it back in.

Same thing happened again! Different song this time though.

What do I do?

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
MrMan112 said:
ok...

I just used iPod Updater to format my iPod and start fresh.

When I started putting all my music back on the iPod, iTunes got stuck on one song. Eventually, I tried to eject the iPod but this didn't work so I ended up just resetting the iPod and plugging it back in.

Same thing happened again! Different song this time though.

What do I do?
try adding songs bit by bit - does it get stuck when the ipod fills to a certain amount each time? If so I had this problem with my 1G ipod (at 3.16GB), and cost to repair was more than a new iPod! (Grrrrr). It's a corrupted drive in that particular sector. Now I have possibly the only 3.15GB iPod 1G in the world, ever!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.