My 13 Macbook Pro Protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thinkinblue613, Feb 10, 2011.

1. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

Before I start.. I wanted to say thank you to everyone in this community. I came in this forum asking if I should wait for the refresh.. Blah blah blah... 13" or 15"? Blah and many of you helped me find my answer.

The best advice I got was, "If you need it now, buy it now. If you can wait, wait." Simple and straight to the point. This advice got me comfortable to not get caught up in the whole refresh waiting game and go for it.

After sleeping countless nights thinking about it and doing research... I picked up a 13" MBP. Here's my setup..

I got it refurbished stock standard at 2.4 GHz. You guys know the rest... The Refurbished MBP came in pretty much brand new and still made me feel like a little kid inside. I would go for that if you want to save a little more money.

[​IMG]
    (In the back is my 2006 15" MBP strictly on desktop duties hooked up to my 32" HDTV.)

Before turning on the new MBP for the first time, I replaced the 250 GB HD with a 500 GB Western Digital. Loving the space. Next is the memory but that can wait. I came from 2 GB RAM so, this is a big upgrade for me.

I got the Satin Speck case. This case is one quality product and it keeps the laptop shell completely protected. It's smooth and flexible. I had a plastic one on my other one and those cracked and were slippery. This one has a more firm feel to it and won't crack.

[​IMG]

I also got a keyboard cover and this one is very nice. The silicone feels a lot like the Speck case and also keeps the typing noise lower. I got it so I don't drop crumbs through the keyboard and to make it easier on the fingertips. I'm a college student and type a lot... This thing makes it more comfortable.

[​IMG]

To add more protection, I got a sleeve for it too... Doesn't hurt to have more options.. haha

Thanks for reading!

2. whyzdom macrumors regular