My 13in rMBP has had no problems!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fifteen20s, May 1, 2014.

1. Fifteen20s macrumors regular

As frequently mentioned, people are less likely to post saying "Hey, I have no problems", where as people are quick to point out issues.

Well Ive had my 13in 2.6/8/512 for 2 weeks now and Ive had no problems what so ever!

Now Ill admit I have not done any 20min IR tests or nit picky stuff like that, and I have no intention to do so. Ive just used the machine as needed. I am picky on cosmetics and physical condition though and my machine's fit and finish was perfect out of box.

2. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

Congrats! you're lucky. Just check to see if your screen is even. Some people get yellow on side red on the other etc. IR tests and all that is not necessary for general use.

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Another happy camper chiming in here to say that my rMBP 13" (8gb/256 SSD) is also just fine and dandy, too! Purchased it on April 1st, it's from the Week Eleven (March 2014) manufacturing batch and so far I have had absolutely no issues with it. Use it every day, enjoying it every day.......

4. SkimMilk168 macrumors regular

Wife and I are perfectly happy with our rMBPs too!
    As it's our first, we are still learning and adopting to the new system! :D

5. psik macrumors 6502

That's because the forum is for those who are experiencing problems to get help

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

Not necessarily; it's actually meant to be a forum for people to glean information -- ANY kind of information -- about whatever Mac or other Apple product which interests them. Years ago, back before Macs were even using Intel processors, I first arrived at MR to learn about Macs. Yes, being very experienced with Windows machines, I fully anticipated seeing many, many threads with users griping about this, that and the other about their Macs -- and yet I was seeing a lot of threads which were instead talking about the fun people were having with their Macs, the creative things they were doing, etc. I was struck by that. Sure, there were a few problems and there were questions -- which were always promptly answered. Huh. I was impressed. Those early days of looking at MR led me into looking more closely at the Mac as my next computer purchase. No surprise, eventually I did indeed buy my first Mac and I've been hanging around here ever since!

7. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

I've had mine 2.4 GHZ / 8GB / 256 GB late 2013 13" for 3 weeks now and haven't had any issues either. Love my Mac.

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I don't have any problems at all with my 13" (2.8 i7/16/512), and the screen is perfectly fine (no yellow tint or IR, A020 screen).

9. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

The only problem I have on mine (2.4ghz/8gb/256gb) is that the wifi drops connection whenever I have bluetooth on, have you tried bluetooth yet to see if your wifi keeps dropping?

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Congrats, and good luck

Of course the people who post problems in a forum are disproportionate to the actual consumers. That is, people are more likely to post here about an issue then not having an issue, thus giving the illusion that a given problem is pandemic when it may not be.

11. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Mine is also fine, no problems, going on 3 months now.

When I joined this forum I was also hoping for a place where all sorts of Mac related news are discussed. Technical problems unfortunately also fall in this category. While some people overdo it (the "I spent $XXXX so I expect a perfect machine" crowd), it is good to be aware of the more common issues that plague new models, and also to know which used machines to stay away from.

12. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I got a 13" 2.4/8/256 in Feb and it is fantastic, it did have to go for a new logic board due to an intermittent power and usb problem, but that was dealt with swiftly and without problem.
    I did think I had a WiFi issue, but that now seems to be with my home network.
    I have passed the 13" down to my son and have upgraded to the 15" in my sig, that too is flawless although I am returning it and getting an higher specced model.

Well done to Apple for producing such nice machines.

Barney

13. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

No problems here with WiFi...... I have bluetooth on because I use a BT mouse with my machine. My router is the latest Airport Extreme, purchased back in December 2013. No problems with it at all -- I have 2 iPads, 1 iPhone and four computers all using it. No glitches whatsoever, even with the older computers.

14. psik macrumors 6502

Depends on the intent