I have a 15" 2010 unibody macbook pro. The battery is fully charged and when the power cable is connected it has a BRIGHT green solid light. Absolutely nothing happens when I attempt to switch it on - no start up chimes or fans run etc, completely dead! It could potentially be water damaged as water was spilt next to it, but not on it, and was immediately dried off. On inspecting the motherboard there's no obvious "burnt out" components. I have tried the standard Apple trouble shooting which involves resetting the SMC and this had no effect. I have looked at similar problems for the model before mine (the one where you can easily remove the battery). Some people took out the battery, plugged the power cable in, then it turned on and it worked...maybe something to do with the motherboard needing to loose power??? So I was going to attempt this with my unibody Mac but annoyingly after getting the back off, I need a tri wing screwdriver to remove the battery, meh. So waiting for that to be delivered as I've tried a few shops and nobody seems to stock them Question: is it safe to turn on my mac with the battery removed and it just plugged via the power cable? Does anyone have any other suggestions beside taking it to a genius bar and spending cash? Thanks.