My 15" rMBP Replacement Experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uhslax24, Dec 18, 2012.

1. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

So I got my rMBP back in August (2.6/16/512).

Three weeks later, it started making a subtle popping noise in the top left-hand side of the keyboard.

I visited the Genius Bar, asked them if there was anything wrong with the fan (there was not), and I went home.

Then, I started having other issues. Like artifacts on youtube videos, freezing, and ultimately the keyboard backlight gave out.

Well, long story short, I kept good notes and built a case with AppleCare and the Genius Bar, and they found through some diagnostics that there was something wrong with my computer, but they couldn't determine what exactly to blame....

So, to my surprise, and without any prior repairs, they simply offered to replace my machine :cool:.

They ordered it on Thursday, and I was notified this morning that I was cleared for pickup.

I picked up the new unit, and they were nice enough to let me keep my old magsafe charger in addition to the new one :)

Couldn't be happier. Plus, the clock is reset on my battery & warranty.

Yay, :apple:!

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Congrats on a favorable resolution!! :apple:

Before someone else does, I'll ask the obvious :

Did you get a Samsung or LG screen ?

3. uhslax24 thread starter macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Yes, very pleased with the service! :)

Hah, knew it was coming. Had a Samsung, got an LG in return. If issues arise, they will be addressed -- but I'm not going to seek them out with the test.

I've had several experiences like the one above with my Apple Store in Pittsburgh and have developed a relationship with their staff in the past year, so I'm pretty confident that they'll take care of me if/when IR shows up! :)