My 1gen MB wont read the SL install disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hallaisen, Aug 29, 2009.

1. hallaisen macrumors regular

Hey,

So I bought the family pack SL disc yesterday, and installed it perfectly fine on my MBP. However, my old MB that I use as a media center just spits the disc out when I put it in. When I try to install it through the wifi-shared dvd drive of my MBP I can read the disc, but the installation program doesnt start when I double click it. I also tried remote installation, but I dont get the wireless network option when i boot and hold the option key. So my next step was installing it via an external usb drive and I found these directions: http://michaelflux.com/how-to-install-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10a380 , but he talks about having the .dmg file on your computer already, and I dont think I can just copy it straight off the dvd? So how do I go about getting it on my old machine?

Cheers

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Well, those directions, are aimed at those w/o a physical disk. I mean if one has a disk which works perfectly fine, there isn't really a point in doing things that way.

Question - the MB that spits out your install DVD, is that the only disk it spits it, or does it to the same for all of them?

*also, note to myself, don't reply to people at 2am only to realize that they made that post a year ago and by now they don't even care probably :p