My 1st iPhone. Questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chuckyeager, Feb 20, 2016.

1. chuckyeager macrumors member

I never had an iPhone before today ( and actually Verizon is sending it to me, so it will be a few days )....

But essentially it feels "free". I am only paying $2 more a month than I do now, but now I get an extra 2GB a month included in my plan.

6s PLUS 64GB

Anyway, I always wanted to edit movies on the fly when on vacation. I was in Chicago and took a bunch of video and hundreds of pictures, but never found an editing program I liked.

So, how is iMovie on a 6 PLUS?

And I have an iMac that is about 6 years old.... can I sync photos and video with it? I think it is running 10.6.

Even though I have that iMac, I really am a noob when it comes to everything Apple except my 1st gen mini.

Thanks.... I am pretty stoked.

2. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

iMovie is a good program for doing some simple photo editing on iPhone. As far as syncing with your iMac you can definitely do this, I just don't know if the wireless options will be available to you. However you will be able to sync things just fine over a cable.

3. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

you're probably not gonna be making movie quality videos with it but iMovie on the iPhone works pretty well. i like it.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

iOS 9 requires Lion (OS X 10.7) or higher on a Mac in order to sync.

If OP can upgrade to Lion or higher he will be OK. But if he's stuck on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) there will be no syncing with that Mac.

5. chuckyeager thread starter macrumors member

That will be a shame, if I can't, but I am rather excited to finally have the phone I want, rather than the best subsidized phone that I don't like.

6. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

Congratulations for your new phone OP! I'm sure you'll love it.
    iMovie is pretty good and easy to use. Additionally, you may also try Videoshop