My 1st iTunes WiFi purchase...through Amazon.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcdj, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I previewed a newish album of demos and unreleased tracks by a certain artist my gf and I both like, via the iPhone iTunes store (aka wallet.opener.app).

(Side note: my gf and I have shared some iTunes music in the past, but at some point her computer was deauthorized for my account. She hasn't really missed my music much, and I like to authorize computers at multiple places I freelance at, so we don't share DRM tracks any more.)

So I thought I might give the iTunes iPhone store a shot, when my gf points out that we won't get to share the music. I do a Google search for the album, and lo and behold, who's selling it, without DRM, for a dollar less than iTunes? Amazon.

Installing the Amazon downloader was a painless 2 second affair, and the album itself downloaded in under a minute (100mb). And of course, I own the files.

The Amazon interface, if you can call it that, leaves much to be desired, but I will definitely be doing business with them whenever possible.

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Amen. I'm as big an Apple fan as the next guy, but Amazon is certainly providing a better service at this point, even if the content is still lacking. :)