my 1st mac and my 1st problem :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cudo, Mar 3, 2008.

  1. cudo macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    Location:
    w bloku
    #1
    hi, i have had mac for 3 days now and it seems i got 1t problem..battery namely.this is macbook 2.4 and it states the battery should last 4.5 hrs but i am not sure if it can do 2.5 hrs ding just normal everyday stuff: word processing, web browsing, downloading etc but no music, DVDs and so on..why is that ? is there any utility i can use to scan my system to check my battery health ? and the other thing..it seems my battery does not charge...eg at the moment it shows 95% and is plugged to AC adapter and does not go any further than that and if i unplug it it will drop few % in no time...and if i plug it in again it will remain at the same level. now i need to explain that i did not perform any battery formatting not calibration as it is not advised on apple.com/battery i just took it out of the box power it up and plug in to Ac adapter charged it to full and started use it..discharged it completely and recharged it again to 100% but second after it showed 99%..any suggestions ?

    cheers :mad:
     
  2. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

    Cyroceon

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    #2
    Your MacBook charges 90% of your battery very quickly. It leaves the last 10% to charge slowly, sometimes very slowly.
     
  3. munckee macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2005
    #3
    The top battery estimates are pretty generous. I think that's usually how long it lasts with no wifi or bluetooth doing next to nothing. 2.5-3 hours is pretty good, in my experience, for regular usage.
     
  4. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    Location:
    w bloku
    #4
    what about the battery not charging any further than 96% ? i checked my battery with iStat and it shows 100% health after 3 cycles..so we shell see i got apple care though :D
     
  5. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    Location:
    w bloku
    #6
  6. priller macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2007
    #7
    Are the 2.4's really that bad on battery life? web browsing with the backlight on the lowest setting mine lasts almost 5 hours.
     
  7. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    Location:
    w bloku
    #8
    i will let you know when i perform more tests so far :
    i started 2day with 94% at 17:26 and at 19:20 it showed 66%
    so it should last around 5h.

    what is the best way to measure the battery usage and performance ? any particular tests ?

    cheers

    edit :
    is there an application which will count the time when macbook uses battery excluding sleep etc ?
     
  8. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    Location:
    w bloku
    #9
    so is it normal that i have got 98% of battery life after 4 cycles ? it is the 3rd day i am using my whitebook. and i guess if it is like this my battery will be gone in 3 months..
     

Share This Page