My 2.0 Take

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I was one of the many that paid the $20 for the 5 apps back in January for my Touch. I felt the price was to much for what you got but paid it anyway because I wanted to get the email capability. I complained to Apple because these same features were standard on the iPhone and were added to new versions of the Touch. Eventually Apple did the right thing and refunded many us our money. Then last week I was unable to connect to my home wireless network after it had worked fine all year. I did a reset of my Touch and totally lost the 5 apps. I figured that since Apple refunded my money then maybe the system showed I shouldn't have the apps, either way I couldn't figure out how to get them back. I decided now was the time to try out 2.0 as I could get the apps back for less money along with other great features. This didn't fix my wireless network issue, but I did end up correcting it on my own later.

I must say I am now totally hooked on the apps store. I haven't paid for an app yet but only because many of the free ones are pretty cool. I suspect as more apps become available they will eventually get my money. Apps really have made my iPod Touch much more useful.

2. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

It's nice to see someone start a thread not to bitch about it being a ripoff. Glad you are happy now. I too find my Ipod touch more useful then before.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Don't think I am totally bitch free. I hate how Apple does business now, releasing new product upgrades way to soon (that are free with new item purchases) and then charging loyal customers for the upgrade. It used to mean something to belong to the Apple family. Now we pay a premium to beta test Apple's products for free and then get outdated products after they have been around for only a few months. Loyalty means nothing to Apple anymore, they are just like all the other companies now.