My 2 Problems - TRACKPAD ISSUES - Best Fix

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ghsNick, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ghsNick, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I want "Scroll left or right with 2 fingers" under trackpad settings to work with Chrome. It's tough when you learn how to scroll naturally but have to "Swipe left or right with 3 fingers" to get pages in Chrome to go forward or backwards. (That's the only way I'm aware of)

Because if you swipe left with 3 fingers it registers as unnatural and takes you back a page...when in Natural mode it should take you forward like your grabbing the page.

Even if you swipe with 4 fingers...it still moves (it should only work with 3!)

Swiping Down with Expose only shows one App in the middle of the screen when it should show all of them...Don't know why that doesn't work?

Also, something smaller...two finger (right click) takes a second to pop up.

Other than trackpad issues nothing to complain about here :D

2. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to understand Apple's logic behind having different page navigation aesthetics in Safari if you use two fingers instead of 3. Using 2 and you get a neat page switching visual. Use three and you get something completely different. As for Chrome, I want it to work again. It only functions with 3 finger page switching enabled, and full screen mode doesn't work at all yet - in full screen mode it's not treated as if it were a full screen app.

3. rapt3r macrumors newbie

Got same issues with my trackpad..
    i want to swipe the pages with two fingers. if i turn this on, i can do it with two AND three fingers.. (it should work only with two)
    When i'm activating swiping full screen apps, this one turns back to normal.
    But:
    At the same time swiping full screen apps can be done with four also.. (shouldn't be like this)

Mission Control is set up for three fingers up... But i can do the same with four fingers up too..

I don't have a clue why the gestures on my trackpad are mixed up??

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

The biggest issue is with the trackpad controls...

I had "4 Finger Swipe between FULL SCREEN apps" checked and it was making me go backwards/forward in Safari...I unchecked it, no more problem with Safari, but now I can't use the 4 finger swipe in Full Screen Apps.

I checked "Scroll Left or Right with 2 Fingers" and decided to use Safari until Chrome fixes everything...If I swipe with 2, 3, or 4 fingers it will take me backwards or forwards to the next page...it should only work with 2.

My only flaws are this trackpad.
    I'll rig it for the "old" school feel until they fix this.

5. rapt3r macrumors newbie

Let the trackpad fun begin...
    Did you tried BTT or jitouch?
    i'm not really sure, but i think that this problems appeared after i installed jitouch.

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Best Fix - Natural

If you want the BEST (not perfect) natural scrolling/swiping set it up like this!

The only error with this solution is Dwiping between Full Screen Apps works with 3 and 4 fingers.

But two finger swiping within Safari works fine. If you 3 or 4 finger swipe in Safari it doesn't change anything in Safari...it just changes fullscreen.

I guess my only problem is getting Expose to show ALL my open Apps instead of the current one on the middle of the screen.

And, 3 finger drag selects text...I don't like that so I disabled it.

Using Safari until this is fixed.

Attached Files:

7. rapt3r macrumors newbie

Forget to mention that i have this issues with my touchpad.
    If i set it up like this, everything is right. The only problem is that i can scroll the pages with two AND three fingers...
    Oh. and the Launchpad is working with three AND Four fingers...

This pisses me off, to be honest.

Attached Files:

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Best Fix - Old (Unnatural)

This is the best way to use your trackpad if you're used to the old school way...AND, it works with Chrome.

(But I already got used to the new school way listed above...so Chrome better fix it soon!)

Attached Files: