my 2008 mac pro won't power up

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by chichilocomplot, Mar 2, 2014.

1. chichilocomplot macrumors newbie

good afternoon my friends i got a problem with my 2008 mac pro g5 and i hope you guys can help me
    last night i was working with my mac pro perfectly and i felt to sleep this morning when i woke up it was off and when i try to turn it on won't do nothing no even a light goes on or nothing is like it got no power and everything is pluggin and there i power will anybody please help me with this ??
    thank you

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

2008 mac pro ? -> 2 DVD drive bays -> wrong subforum
    PowerMac G5 ? -> 1 DVD drive bay -> right forum :p

Might also help what exact model we are talling about.

Does it have a liquid cooling system ? Is that system corroded or has spilled ?

3. AmestrisXServe macrumors 6502

As there is no PPC model made after 2006, a 2008 system likely is a Mac Pro.

I would suspect the power supply, and the power button module, just as with a G5, in any event. If the power button does not make the power light engage, flash, or otherwise, then one of the other is at fault; or the logic board is extremely dead.

If it is a Mac Pro, you will want to consult the correct subforum; or speak to someone local to you that does Apple service, as from the context of your post, I do not think this is a repair that you would, or should, want to attempt.