My 2010 12 Core and ATI Drivers in Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by packsherpah, Sep 15, 2010.

1. packsherpah macrumors newbie

Hi All,

New to Bootcamp. I have my 12 core up and running in windows 7 ultimate x64 edition and its running quite well. However, I am interested in upgrading the ATI drivers to the latest version. Once I am booted into windows, can I just got to the ATI driver page and install the latest and greatest catalyst drivers? Or because its a Mac and I'm using bootcamp do I have to do something special? I assume bootcamp releases new drivers every now and again but they must be way behind the latest official catalyst drivers from ATI, right?

2. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

You have a 12 core Mac and you're asking something like this? :rolleyes:

... regardless. You're booted in Windows - as in, you're running Windows - just like you would on a regular Windows based system. So, no - nothing special. Just download them from ATI's website.

3. packsherpah thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Just cause I am wealthy doesn't mean I know everything about bootcamp.

Thanks for the help. I just didn't want to screw up my win 7 install. New to bootcamp and Macs in general....

Now just to be specific, I can just download the catalyst control center when I am booted into Win 7 and let it do its thing and install the latest driver over the bootcamp ATI driver?

4. Altimeter88 macrumors member

This is correct, just download, install, and it will probably ask you to reboot when the install is finished.