My 2010 13" battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hellishness, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

To those who are interested:
    I think it will run out by the time I get back home today (I'm going out in about an hour), so I'm doing this now, with 14% battery remaining.
    I used it for 4 hours and 10 minutes, and it was sleeping on standby for 55 hours and 24 minutes. This is the fourth day (i think) without charging it.
    I think that it could last about an hour more, the timer says 1:26.
    I've not been on youtube or any flash. I've downloaded about 900MB, I've gone on facebook and other browsing, all wireless. I haven't played any games or any CPU intensive stuff (maxed out at like 15%). I have auto-brightness and the keyboard backlight on, both set fairly low (keyboard currently on 3 notches, display on 1, and thats about how it was over the past few days).

It's now down to 13% (took about 5 minutes from 14%). I think I could get around 8 hours if i used it continuously. 55 hours standby (sleeping) drains it quite a lot.

So there you go. Battery lasts about four days if used lightly as a home computer :)

2. Agnel macrumors member

3. Austin00 macrumors member

I'm managing to get about 7-8hours of general laptop use out of my new 13" MBP. Easily a whole days worth of word-processing and web surfing on a single charge with BT off, display on lowest, and keyboard light off.

The real selling point for me when i was looking to upgrade from a 2007 MB was the aluminium body and glass screen, but this battery is an absolute godsend.