my 2017 15 inch MacBook Pro screen flickered?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Closingracer, May 28, 2018.

1. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Have had no issues with the keyboard but my screen flickered twice for a bit. Once I started it up from sleep and then a few minutes later when I opened safari. Haven't been able to replicate it now. Should I be proactive and go to Apple or wait until it happens more?

Ill post a video later if it happens more.

2. blackdbird macrumors member

blackdbird

i had same issue after i got my warranty claimed for my speaker , after that my screen used to flicker more then 5 times a day , i disabled auto graphics switching and problem went away but degraded my laptop battery , i went to apple store again with thermal grizzly thermal paste and told them to reapply thermal paste , now i never saw a problem and even better that my computer now works fine and cool

3. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68040

It hasn't flickered since and I have been using it since. I do have Apple care plus on it so I'm not exactly worried about it otherwise I might go there now. Just curious could this become worse or was a one time thing

4. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

I've had the same problem on my 2016 MBP 15. Have happened to me quite often. It's at a service center at the moment, and I am waiting for AppleCare to refund me. Having changed the motherboard in February, this problem got added when I got it back.

5. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68040

Refund you what the cost of the laptop?

6. doitdada, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018

doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

Yes, I am in the process of reclaiming the entire amount. Will get an answer during the day. I've had a lot of problems with the new generation of MBP 2016-2017. Speakers, keyboard, battery and motherboard has been changed, but the overall problem is still there. Both 13 and 15 have been challenging to use as daily drivers due to the lack of stability. I've owned six different MacBook Pros the last two years, and now I am seriously looking at abandoning Apple as a computer platform after being a faithful customer for the last two decades.

7. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68040

How Apple care doesn't allow that no?

8. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

I got a choice from a senior at Apple to replace the computer for a new one or refund. Now I am in the process of getting my money back.