My 2nd Xbox Premium just died...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TantalizedMind, Aug 18, 2007.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Is Apple the only American company that can produce quality products!? I have much more love for my PS3 right about now.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its sad I know but call MS and tell them you are very upset and they'll fix it for free....takes a bit longer now that they are up to there knees in faulty boxes but call them ASAP....hurry man bioshock is soon here:D

Bless

3. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

WOW! I just spent 30 min on the phone and the whole time the guy CONFIRMS that it is an hardware issue and that it needs to be sent in....

But I'll have to pay $99! I said.. Uh.. You know that M$ just extended all warrenties to 3 years..

And he told me that that ONLY covers The Red Rings of Death and not any other hardware issues. WTF!? So my console either turns my tv screen neon pink/green jagged lines or freezes in under 60 seconds... but your going to charge me!?

I guess tomorrow before I call this time I WILL GET THE BL00DY RINGS OF DEATH! The 360 is the LAST M$ product I am EVER buying again.

I left Windows for OS X in '03 and now here in '07 I'll leave M$ completely alone for good.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

All that pink/green crap on the screen usually comes before the ROD.....you need to tell them you got the red eye so they don't charge you.

I would call them again and tell them you just got the ring.....its bound to happen anyway...ask to speak to the manager if they *beep* around.

Bless

5. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

6. Schnebar macrumors 6502

my 360 just got the red screen today also.

Yesterday it froze a few times with a weird colored screen.

today my brother turned it on started playing then it froze again and now it has the 3 red flashing lights.

well at least it is under the new warranty and it will be a while till halo 3 and the next unreal comes out.

But no guitar hero will be hard.

7. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Oh give me a break.
    Go tell that to half the Apple owners on here complaining of faulty products. :rolleyes:

No company is immune to hardware issues. :cool:

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

That's a good point but all companies could be immune to not making retard design decisions. ;)

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It should be noted that an American company, IBM, makes the processors found in all three systems, and ATi and NVidia, who makes the graphics cards, are also American. In fact, almost every part in all three systems is American, only assembled by the companies that sell them.

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

tell that to my 4 random shut down macbooks, 2 defective 12" powerbooks and the 4 dead pixels in my old iMac (before I returned it :D)

but yeah, the 360 problem is a total shaft but somehow my launch system is still goin strong... *knocks on wood* unlike 3 of my friends who have gone through 8 systems between them

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

True, but MS doesn't have hardware issues, they have a design issue.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Our 360 is the only electronic we've had in recent years that has had some internal problem. The Dell monitor got smashed (oops) but they replaced it, and the DS Lite had a few cracked hinges.

Maybe we're just lucky. iPods, Macs, PC's, TV's, GPS, phones... no problems in England-land. :)

13. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I never said that the 360 wasn't designed with a halfassed heatsink/cooling setup.

I replied because it's utterly ridiculous for anyone to act like any company (let alone Apple) is the only company out there making solid hardware when even half the time they don't get it right. Again, no one's immune. YMMV. I really wish someone could point me to the era in time when some misguided opinion started making the rounds when everyone assumed that every product they ever purchased from that point on would never fail. :rolleyes: These are electronics items, they have moving parts, they produce heat. They are destined to fail at one point or another. Yeesh :rolleyes:

You think Apple laptops burning people's legs because the bottoms get too hot isn't a design issue? Leaking watercooling G5s isn't a design issue? :rolleyes:

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I can give you a huge list including

Philips LCD TV
    Sony HD CAM
    Sony BETA CAM / DV Player
    Macbook White
    Macbook Black
    SKY + box
    Archos AV500
    iPod Nano

All of those have suffered 'internal' faults in the last year......

My two xbox 360's on the other hand are working flawlessly... still..... ;)

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Since we at it I might as well throw mines into the ring..

xbox360
    Wii
    ibook G3
    iPod 4Gen.
    Philips TV
    JVC 300 watt boombox with DVD player
    Motorola rokr.....stupid phone.
    Motorola Digital Receiver
    HP laptop

Thats the way things go.....they break down.

Bless

16. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Wow, I guess I have had great luck with my toys not breaking...

*knocks on wood*

17. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

I try to stay away from anything made by m$. So on Sunday I broke down and bought a 360 Elite. Got it home, hooked it up, by the time I got through the setup I had already got to experience the red ring of death!!
    Thankfully the store I got it from replaced it with a new one on the spot. The second one is still going strong after 6 days:eek::eek:

18. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

A small part of the problem is ATI's GPU runs so damned hot. -__-

Of course, as far as I can remember they always ran hotter than nVidia.

For instance, my X1950 has a single slot cooler with a 70MM fan and made out of about a pound or so of copper. It gets blazing hot playing Bioshock. :eek:

Thanks to Antec though, thats taken care of because of their awesome VCool product.

I wonder if anyones experienced the problems with the newer heatsinks. Another small issue is the X-clamps arent applying even pressure.

19. doctor newb macrumors newbie

Maybe I just have really good luck with electronics..... The only problems ive had with electronics was my big screen which cost me nothing and wasnt that bad of a problem. And my gateway dvr computer which has been in for repair 6 times and is coincidentally the only computer ive bought the warranty for.