My 3 week old Macbook Pro is acting weird.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JBPHOTO52, Mar 1, 2008.

1. JBPHOTO52 macrumors newbie

I have seen these threads all over the place, but my issue combines two different threads.
    So, I bought the base model Macbook Pro on Feb 8th, and love it. I had no hard feelings at first, because my laptop performed everything I need it to do.
    I bought it from a local authorized apple service and reseller. Not a "Apple Store"
    When I close the lid to my computer, it goes to sleep. When I open it, the screen stays black, and I have to hold the power button to turn on computer, and it totally restarts it, preventing me from working on big projects.

Now that I am having this problem I have been thinking of asking for the upgrade. I know that this is probably an easy fix for the tech, but it is causing me trouble.
    How should I go about arguing my point to these guys and walk out with the new upgraded one.

2. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

Why don't you start with honesty?

3. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

do you have istat pro installed? if you do, either delete it, or turn off the network function. i think it has something to do with the airport.

4. kolax macrumors G3

Have you downloaded all the associated software updates? Running Mac OS X 10.5.2?

5. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

Thank you for the help.

I too have a MBP and have had the sleep issue where it wouldn't wake from sleep if you put it to sleep in the pull down menu. If you closed the lid, it would awaken sometimes. I removed iStat Pro and all is well except you have to hit the power button to awaken it if you sleep with the pull down menu.

I tried just shutting off the network portion and it didn't work as well as completely removing the widget.

6. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Have you restored your computer. I had this problem with my first laptop, it was SR 2.2 purchased about 3 weeks ago also. After putting the computer to sleep then waking it up, it would take a minute for the screen to come on. After it finally did, my mouse would jitter and the only way for me to get rid of it was to restart the computer. Long store short I reformatted the computer and the problem went away. But I also traded it in to get the new Peryn MBP. hehe

-JoE

7. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i love this answer!:D
    i agree with you on this one

8. JBPHOTO52 thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean by "Honesty" I am being honest.

9. JBPHOTO52 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had iStat Pro installed and deleted it after reading some of the threads. My computer has all the updates.