My 3 week old XM unit died

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OscarTheGrouch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

My wife bought it a few months ago on sale from Best Buy and gave it to me for Father's day. I had it activated 3 weeks ago, and it's not working right now. The 8, 3 and display buttons are not working when it DOES power on, but at lunch etc it would not even power on. the FM Modulator in it works sporadically at best. Best Buy isn't willing to do anything, hopefully XM or Audiovox will. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. kygeographer macrumors member

Call XM, and they may replace the unit for free, or might be able to offer you a really good price on a radio. That's what I did after my satellite cable broke.. I called to cancel, and told them why, and they sold me a new radio, car kit, plus 3 months of service for under 60 bucks. Worth a shot.

3. OscarTheGrouch thread starter macrumors 6502

i called them, they told me to go through audiovox. audiovox of course is already closed for the holiday. i should not have to pay to replace a unit that has been active less than a month- ill cancel first.

4. The Past macrumors 6502

I would recommend calling again to see if you get to another rep. In my experience, folks there are not the most helpful in general and they goof-up in ways that makes you wonder......!

Anyway, they are supposed to replace. Try calling again.

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

There should be some kind of warranty on it, that they would have to honor.

6. OscarTheGrouch thread starter macrumors 6502

really, unless xm wants to they dont have to do anything cause audiovox is the manufacturer, and yes it has 1yr warranty on it through the manufacturer. ill try again after the holiday