My 3G case delima

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dklassen, Mar 1, 2009.

1. dklassen macrumors newbie

Still a work in process but in my search for a decent case that works for me, here's what I came up with. Nothing new I'm sure but I thought I'd give it a go. I'm not a big video person but I think it's easier to show it this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIDQBmVN1ro

2. Drlyman macrumors newbie

Nice job with the video. The only thing is that I believe you have a case for the 8800 series BlackBerry phones. The cases for the Storms do not have the elastic sides and are stitched all the way up.

Here's a link to their cases so you can see what I mean: Storm Cases

3. dklassen thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Drlyman macrumors newbie

I am thinking it's an 8800 series case. The Bold case looks pretty close to the Storm case. Both do not have the elastic sides. No big deal, though. You've got the case to work the way you wanted it to and that's all that matters.

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

nice video OP.

Before I purchased the Marware CEO Magnetic enclosure case, I was using the case for my old BB Curve and I loved it.

One thing I dont understand about magnetic issue is that if all magnet causes issues with cell phones, how come I never had any problems with all my previous BBs and the iPhone that I'm currently using.

I'm thinking about going back to the old BB case since I'm so used to the design and the functionality of the case.

Thanks again to the OP for the nice video.

6. dklassen thread starter macrumors newbie

A lot of options but not the right options for me. Take a Blackberry case and tailor it for the iphone and then you'll have something. You don't have anything that fits my needs + they are way too expensive. Blackberry cases on ebay are thirteen bucks no tax no shipping. Take an 8800 case, remove the mags, change the fastener and your done. Most of these case manufactures try to get way to fancy. Keep is simple.

1. Elastic sides.
    2. Sides are low enough that you can easily grab the top of the phone to pull it out.
    2. Fits an iPhone with hard skins.
    3. Spring loaded swivel belt clip for easy on and off.
    4. Phone goes in vertically.
    5. Black.

7. iMasterA macrumors newbie

One good option for iPhone 3G is Ultra Thin Case at http://cretouch.com. Design and color is awesome looking and it really fits nicely to iPhone 3G. Here's the picture of some of their cases I have found on website.

[​IMG]

8. dklassen thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the invoice description and a few pics.

BlackBerry OEM Belt Clip Case For 9530 Storm / Bold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Test that case!

First of all love how it sounds like you toss down your iPhone and case at the end of the video... Nice way to test that case, haha. I have the incase slider and love it, I've noticed it scratching my chrome on the face, but that's probably my fault. But yah, I dig your video and think you did it fine yourself.