My 3G is having problems with App Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BrunoMac, May 6, 2009.

1. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

My iPhone 3G has been having a tough time connecting to the App store on a solid wifi network. Any tips to get that straightened out?
    Thanks

2. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

I gues no one else is having issues.
    I don't wanna restore my phone and I'm wondering if anyone else is having any problems. It is having problems connecting to iTunes and app store.
    I've got 5 pages of apps do you think that's an issue?

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Is the wifi secure? Might be an issue with that. Have you tried just turning wifi off and off again, or restarting phone?

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Which OS version and what exactly is the problem?

5. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

Sorry for not being all that specific. I was thinking this was a common problem so sorry for being too general.
    3g iphone
    16 gig with 7.4 gigs availible
    version 2.2.1 (5h11)
    carrier at&t3.1

So I have a wifi home network that works for everything but itunes and the app store apps on my iPhone, the message I get is "cannot connect to itunes store" on both the app store app and itunes. However I have recently discovered if I turn off my wifi on the phone I can use both apps on 3G. Everything else works over wifi on my phone, I have not had any problems with safari or any other apps, they all work fine.
    I would love for itunes and the app store to work though. I have turned my phone off and on numerous times, reset it by holding the home key and on/off switch numerous times and have unplugged my wifi a couple times to try and reset it. My home wifi is a linksys with a password.
    I would really apreciate any help!!

Is it a settings deal under wifi settings in the phone? Should I have it forget this network and re-do that long password in the wifi set up?:confused:

Sorry for being a computer tard. Thank you so much in advance.:D