My 3G's data capability just disappeared.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike2128, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

I was just browsing these forums, while I was out and all of a sudden the 3G logo disappeared. No EDGE, no GPRS, nothing. Odd. So I tried rebooting. No go. Tried shutting it off, letting it sit for a few minutes, nothing again. Tried resetting network settings, didn't help.

Just tried restoring my phone back to 3.0 software and it's still gone.

It can make and receive calls and text no problem, but even when connected to a Wi-Fi network I still get error messages when trying to use any web-based apps. I'm at a loss with this one

2. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

i've had that, sometimes the 3G network goes down, at least this is why o2 said to me when I couldn't get on the 3G network.

hope that helps..

3. Foamer macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me last week. Lost data for 5 days. If I went two miles in any direction, I would get data.

At first AT&T said a tower was out. Then they said it was fixed. Then they flat out denied that there was ever a problem and that my phone was bad (although it worked fine anywhere else but here)

Finally got data back after 5 days, but now every other call drops.

I fricken HATE AT&T right now. Its not just my phone either, its my friends phones too.

4. dbell macrumors member

Did you order a 3G S?

Mine went out last Sat. My wifes was fine so I swapped sims and her worked in mine, mine didn't in hers. Went and looked at my account and it had no data plan.

Called AT&T and they said I was de-provisioned as a iPhone (something about my 3G S order), they added it back on and everythings been fine.

5. Mike2128 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hm, good call. I'll check my online acct now

6. Mike2128 thread starter macrumors 6502

That was exactly it. The rep who processed my 3G S order already switched over my IMEI and the data plan was removed. WHAT IS THIS, AMATEUR HOUR?!

;)