My 3gs slower than my 3g??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by loskickking23, Jan 4, 2010.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

When I got the 3gs it was much faster than my 3g....apps are opening slower and also the browser has gotten slower....did a side by side with my 3g and the 3g is quicker right now....It's been going on for a few weeks now and I can't figure out what's wrong...trying to see if anyone has any suggestions?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You know, one thing that occurs to me... when I had an original iPhone, I remembered to reboot it about once a week, and I found this helpful. I don't think I've rebooted my 3GS once since I got it... is that necessary? Would it be worth a try, if you haven't been doing it? My 3GS is definitely still faster than either a 3G or an original iPhone, but every once in a rare while, I notice the smallest of slowdowns, and they're actually surprising now, so I do think it's slowed occasionally since I've gotten it (I've had it about a month). So maybe I'll reboot it now and see, too. :p

3. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah....I rebooted a couple of times...it didn't help at all with mine

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You might want to try a reset all settings (NOT erase all content) or restore as new and resync.

5. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just reset the settings..and nothing...Ima try to restore it..if that doesn't work then I don't know what else to do

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What happened? All of a sudden the processsor went half speed and the ram decreased on the 3GS? That doesnt sound right, try a restore.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you restore and you restore the backup, and it still acts funny, you may need to restore & set it up as a new phone. That's kind of the last line. If that doesn't work, it needs to be replaced.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore from backup won't do anything, since it just puts everything back as it was before the backup.

Did you restore from a backup when you got the 3GS? If so, that's probably the source of your problems. Restore as new.