My 3rd-gen Nano got stolen :(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maclover001, Nov 27, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

My jacket with a red 3rd-Gen Nano in the pocket disappeared at school a few days ago :(

I checked the lost and found and asked around, and nobody has seen it. My guess is that it has been stolen.

The jacket wasn't that great, but oh the iPod :(

Anyway, have you found that things stolen at high school usually turn up, or is it gone forever?

I might just beg for a 4th-gen for Christmas, or a refurb 3rd gen.
    Are the 4th-gens really worth it?

Yeah thats my story.

2. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

Man, that's too bad. :( But yea, the 4th gens are reaaaaallly slick - I'd take this as an opportunity to upgrade to somethin' awesome. Lemons into lemonade, right?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sadly, it is gone forever. Sorry about your loss, but hopefully Santa will bring you a new one for Christmas. You have been a good little boy or girl, haven't you?!?;)

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Dude, sorry to say it, but it's long gone. 

The 4th gen iPods look great. I'm sure that you can find a 3rd gen for sale though if you looked a little- it'll probably be cheaper than the new ones.

Good luck.....

5. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Sorry about your iPod being stolen... that's a real bummer.

There is a slim chance for it coming back.

I remember back in highschool someone sent out a mass email for their stolen iPod and it never came back. A good friend of mine also got his brand new iPod video (at the time) stolen in the boy's locker room.

... Maybe send out a search and offer a reward for someone who returns it? I doubt it will work... but like others have said, this is a great time to snag yourself a brand new iPod.

But all in all, I hope you can find your stolen one. And if you find the old one or your get a new one, make sure to keep it nice and safe by you at all times. Good luck kiddo. :)

6. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Thanks everyone :)

I got the school's office to make a P.A. announcement this morning, so we'll see if that does any good.
    The sad thing is that it was exactly a year ago from today that I got it :(

If it doesn't turn up after a couple weeks, I'll see if Santa can get me a 4G :cool:

A question for owners of the (RED) 4th-gen: Is it the same red as the 3rd gen, or did they go back to the brighter red? I really liked the dark-red of my 3rd-gen and I hope they kept that shade for the newer one.

7. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Sorry to hear about your loss, perfect time to upgrade though!
    I believe the red is a little bit more red, and brighter.