My 4 fingers gestures just suddenly stopped working.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 0000757, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 0000757 macrumors 68040

Litterally, what the title says. All of the sudden, none of my 4 finger gestures are working. 2 & 3 finger work, but my 4 finger (App Expose, Mission Control, and swipe between desktops) gestures don't do anything! Why aren't they working?

2. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

I had this happen to me a few days ago. Just reboot or logout-login. That should fix the issue. If not, check your gesture settings.

3. Lock macrumors member

I get this too. Quitting the dock from Activity Monitor fixes it, but then it starts again a few hours later.

4. anarti macrumors regular

I just had that as well for the first time Killing dock process solved it, very strange.

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I have it sometimes but while using BetterTouchTool. Restarting the app always works and is much faster than anything else.

6. 0fuchsiallycute macrumors newbie

Open Terminal and type in the following:
    killall Dock

This worked for me, not sure it's a longterm fix though

7. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Check your System Preferences just to be sure they weren't somehow disabled.

8. skippymac macrumors 6502a

skippymac

Do they work using the special keys on your keyboard? If not do you have the fliqlo screensaver? This can cause mission control and desktop switching to stop working, the simple fix is just to activate then deactivate the screensaver. (Even for a fraction of a second so it won't go to the login screen works fine)

9. data1701 macrumors newbie

I was having the same problem on my 2013 Air. It went away when I went into System Preferences and unchecked and rechecked the four finger gestures box.

I hope Apple releases a permanent fix for all of the OS X Mavericks bugs.

-In the immortal words of Nick Burns, your company's computer guy, "And by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!"

10. MacroMolecular macrumors newbie

Just for clarification, these key shortcuts are 'control arrow keys'. These should switch through your desktops.

To change your multitouch gestures, go: System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures

:apple:

11. YuriGrinshteyn macrumors newbie

YuriGrinshteyn

I know this is super old, but this problem just happened for me, and killing Dock fixed it.