My 5c doesn't work after sending for repair to apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ionjohn, Feb 22, 2015.

1. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Hey guys

I sent my 5c for repair last week and received it a few days ago, it would turn on before sending it but now it won't. They say it's been water damaged but it was working fine, there was just a problem with the speaker, wouldn't work during calling. Now it's totally screwed

What should I do? Apple must've done something to mess it up like that

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Umm here's a crazy thought. Call Apple and tell them?

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This isn't unheard of. Your iPhone was already water damaged and when they opened it up, the damage simply became exacerbated. Unfortunately, you're out of luck.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If it was water damaged, it would have failed anyway. You're out of luck.

5. dotme macrumors 6502a

Call Apple and raise a stink. That's unacceptable. If it was water damaged, their repair department should have contacted you and offered you an OOW replacement, not shipped back a phone that was in an unusable (and worse) condition without first calling and offering you alternative replacement options. Prepare to pay, of course - but take them to task for how the issue was handled.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The OP can always get an OOW replacement anytime, no need for some special request. My guess is the water damage apparently escaped the external sensors but there are additional sensors that can be accessed once opened, which came too late.