My 6 Plus Dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Autokon, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

I'll keep this short. Managed to get a 6 Plus pre-order in last night off Apple.com. It's in the 2nd wave, Oct 1st-7th.

It LOOKS like one of my many tries also resulted in a reservation email unrelated to my current pre-order.

Stick with the 2nd wave? Or, try to call Apple and cancel my current pre-order so I can try to use the reservation. Slight chance the reservation might be in the first wave of shipments?

Thoughts? :apple::cool:

Note: I'm unable to try the reservation currently since my pre-order is attached to my phone number. I'm paying full-price as well, so no upgrade waiting or anything if I had to cancel.

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

If you access the reservation it will tell you your estimated ship date.

3. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

I cannot access it because I've already pre-ordered. It gives me the dialog along the lines of "You already have a phone pending in our system....you cant use this reservation..." yada yada..

Proof: http://cl.ly/image/311Q2V1l3z0a

I'm guessing if I call and cancel my order...it will free up my number to use on this reservation? It's a long shot though.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Do you have someone else's line info you can use to check? Hell I'd be willing to check for you, I have three reservations and a phone ordered already.

5. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

If the reservation was BEFORE the order you made then the phone will NOT ship later.

6. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

In order to check..someone has to give me a line #, zip and last 4 digits. Doubt anybody is willing to do that, lol.

----------

I have a feeling the reservation would arrive on the 19th. It was before my order. Not sure I want to test canceling my current order though...thus the issue.

7. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

No, but you could give someone the reservation number, not nearly as risky. I'm sure there's plenty of honest people who would check for you quickly. One of my reservations still says a 09/19 delivery for a iPhone 6 PLUS 128GB. So I'd say it's worth checking out.

8. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

9. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

IMHO I'd cancel the one and go with the reservation if it was the first you tried. Great chance you'd get it on the 19th and if not then you'll get it the same time as the other

10. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

The issue here is that if this was based on an upgrade, it can take a few days for the upgrade to return to the account and thus you'd lose the reservation by then.

11. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

I'm not up for an upgrade at the moment. Paying in full...

12. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Oh, then cancel that s***! Get yours on launch.

13. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

14. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

UPDATE: Life is awesome. IT WORKED! Old order cancelled, new one placed via the reservation...now delivering, 9/19!

Thanks all! :cool:

15. sirjdub macrumors newbie

To the OP, that is exactly what I had done.

I managed to secure an iphone 6 plus order through apple. The ship date was 7-10 business days. I then received my reservation by email with a deliver by 9/19 date.

My reservation said I had til 9/14 by 12pm to complete (a full 48 hours).

I waited on hold for 80 min to talk with someone at apple to make sure I could cancel and then complete my reservation order to confirm the earlier 9/19 delivery date order.

He was reluctant to cancel my order because he said that it would take up to 24 hours for att to recognize the order had dropped off to reinstate my eligibility. I told him my reservation email actually gave me 48hrs to complete and not 24hrs like he thought.

All in all, he cancelled it and a few short hours later I was able to complete my reservation order with a 9/19 delivery date.

16. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

So awesome!