iPhone 6(S)(+) my 6 Plus got the touch disease... what should i do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crislee, Apr 29, 2019.

1. crislee, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019

crislee macrumors newbie

i went to the store and they said that i have to pay $149 to have a same replacement for my 6 Plus.

I think about it, $149 for the same phone is a bit too high. I wonder if it's possible to ask them to give me the 6s Plus same storage for the same price?

1. if they are OK with it, is it worth $149 to get a 6s Plus?

On other question, i researched the touch disease,
    2. is there any other way to fix beside fixing / replacing the logic board?
    3. If fixing / replace the logic board, how much does it cost?
    4. And also, fixing / replacing the logic board is just a band-aid, not a fix, right as i mean in the near future, the phone would get broken again due to this?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Which store? If it’s Apple, they likely won’t make any exceptions in your case, because that phone is discontinued as it is and is essentially worthless with a damaged logic board to them.

If the logic board is damaged, the phone is junk. Even trying to repair the logic board would only open up the opportunity for more problems to arise disassembling the phone, etc. Your best option is to consider an iPhone 6s, or even the XR would be a superior option.

3. crislee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer. The bottom line here is to save $ as I don't want to buy an XR now since all rumors said the new phone in September will come with dual lens.

The $149 is the multi touch problem that Apple acknowledge, so I have to pay $149, but would like to know if anyone get a 6S Plus ? I am not asking for trade in

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-multitouch/

4. Relentless Power, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Then I think your post is kind of confusing, because in the above in your opening post, you mentioned you’re considering the XR, but now you’re saying that you don’t want to purchase it because it might include a dual camera.

You also said you “Wondered if it’s possible to ask them to give you the 6S Plus for the same storage for the same price.”, Then why don’t you ask the store that specifically?