My Aaxatech Pico Projector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by monkeybear, Mar 9, 2009.

1. monkeybear macrumors newbie

yo!

I saw the Aaxatech banner on this site (I guess they are an advertiser?) so check out pics of my P1 micro projector.

All I have to say is 60" videos baby!

TOTALLY WORTH IT

Just FYI, get some headphones for it, the onboard speaker isn't that great...

:p

Attached Files:

2. sniper308 macrumors newbie

Question - have you been able to connect this projector to your laptop with the Apple DVI adapter? I asked this question on another thread but no answer. TIA!

3. Resist macrumors 68030

Yea but how bright is it? Every projector I have seen doesn't even compare to my DLP TV brightness.

4. monkeybear thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yeah....

A pico projector also weighs less than 1/100 of your 60" DLP TV and is like 1/1000 the size.

As any home theater enthusiast will tell you even a 5000 lumen projector is not a replacement for a TV.

The pico projector brings portability to the table, basically you are carrying around a 60" screen in your pocket, and in a dark room the 12 lumens (I have the AAXA P1 pico projector) is more than enough to produce a clear, bright, and watchable image that's going to be bigger than any TV you can possibly carry around.

5. monkeybear thread starter macrumors newbie

And oh yeah - you can't mount your DLP TV or Jessica Alba on the ceiling :)

Attached Files:

6. Resist macrumors 68030

I have other mounting plans for her. :)

7. exit macrumors newbie

The AAXA was one of the units I was looking into. I see a bunch of different places selling the AAXA P1... where did you get yours from? I'm hoping to get something in my hands before the end of this month.

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

cars, family guy and hot chicks

ok I have to admit you sure know how to sell a product :cool:

9. tozfeekum macrumors member

rofl, nice :rolleyes:

10. stoneo macrumors newbie

I have the same projector and love it.

I have the same projector and love it.
    My only issue so far is I am running beta 3.3 and I cannot get the video out from my 3G iphone to work.
    I believe that it is because it is beta because my old iPod works perfectly.
    I was just wondering if you were running the beta program and if you had the same results.

stoneo

11. sniper308 macrumors newbie

I'm using a brand new ipod touch with no issues on the AAXA P1 pico projector. Have you tried downgrading back to the new software or calling Apple about it? Or have you tried outputting the video to the TV with a composite video cable? If it goes to the TV it should work with the P1 pico projector - it's probably the beta software though

12. sniper308 macrumors newbie

BTW has anyone jailbroken their iphone / ipod and been able to output the entire menu onto the TV / projector? How hard is that???

13. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

impossible at the moment

14. exit macrumors newbie

I've heard of programs being developed to output all the video from the iPhone but they're still working on getting the frame rates up to a full 30 fps. It would be awesome to be able to output everything to this AAXA P1 pico projector.

15. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Hi guys I'm a newbie and make unfond claims without backing them up without anything.

You might be talking about SDK video shownig a videogame being outputted but there is NO PROOF that anyone has done true screen mirroring

16. exit macrumors newbie

Ow... where's my head?

You're most likely right on that as I have no first hand experience with the software myself.

17. exit macrumors newbie

FINALLY... the AAXA P1's just came off backorder (they said the recent reviews boosted demand quite a bit)... and MINE is on it's way!! :D

I can't wait for it to come in and play with it. I'm going to compare it with using a buddies full-size projector. I'm sure it won't have a comparable level of brightness, but I need something I can carry around that I don't have to plug into the wall.

I know some of you have been waiting for these to come off backorder too... l'll work on a little write up and we can compare notes.

Please feel free to PM me about the projector if you're interested :)

BTW, does anyone know if the Apple has any pans to do full screen mirroring anytime soon? I guess it's not a big deal since I'd need to have the iPhone in my hand to operate it anyways, but it would still be cool to be able to see everything projected anyways.

18. cukleti macrumors newbie

Nice Post,

How far do you have to be to get 85"?

How does the video qualityfrom the internal media player look

19. holyindian macrumors 6502

I am interested in this, i will watch this space for more reviews.

20. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Im sold.

21. pj4nh macrumors newbie

has anyone had any success with a 3G outputting its camera or home screen to the projector?