All iPads My Air will not turn on!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lolaroxie, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Lolaroxie macrumors newbie

Hi,

My new (bought on launch day) iPad Air has suddenly stopped working. It won't turn on, even if the charging cord is connected.

I discovered this last night on an airplane, which is odd, because the iPad had been working perfectly fine ~1 hr before at a lounge. Do you guys think the charging cord and the iPad are kaput or could I have gotten water on it? I think the only times I could have gotten water on it would have been the lounge (highly unlikely, and it was working throughout) or a water bottle in my carry on bag. The latter would make me think that my case would still be wet.

No responses at all, what should I do?

Thanks

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Hard to speculate what happened when you're not even sure- and you were there.
    I'd make a trip to Apple.

3. DJJAZZYJET macrumors 6502

Press and hold the home button and sleep wake button, maybe your iPad crashed.

If that turns it on, then I would advise doing a full restore just to be safe.

If it does turn on, turn the iPad off again, open iTunes on your pc, plug the lightning cable usb into the computer, then hold the home button on the turned off iPad and connect the lightning cable into your iPad, and iTunes will pop up saying the iPad is in restore mode. From there, restore the iPad.

4. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

Definitely very strange...

1. Did you charge the device before this happened?

2. Have you since tried plugging the device into iTunes to see if there's any response?

It could quite possibly be a number of problems, if iTunes is responsive this shows the device is still functioning. Without a doubt however it sounds as though you'll need to visit an Apple Store for diagnosis.

Good luck!

5. Lolaroxie thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello all, thank you for your help!

I plugged my iPad into my pro, and iTunes popped up with a "not accessible because of pass code." Is that a good sign? Obviously, I can't turn on my iPad to enter the pass code.

6. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I would plug the iPad into a wall charger and let charge overnight, using another lightning cable if you have one, and then try turning it on the next day and then try a DFU reset.

7. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Sounds to me like the screen / backlight died.