My airport indicator icon is gone!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by poiesznbeats, Jul 26, 2007.

1. poiesznbeats macrumors newbie

Across the top of the OSX screen where you usually see the day/time, volume, bluetooth status etc, my airport icon has disappeared. I always go up there (naturally) to change networks depending on where I'm at and it has totally disappeared. This happened after I reset my airport configuration due to unknown errors. I haven't been able to find a way to bring it back though. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Have you checked the "Show Airport status in Menu bar" box is still ticked in the Network System Prefs?

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I'm not at my PB, but if I remember right, go to Sys Prefs, Network, select Airport, and the display status icon checkbox should be in one of the tabs. Otherwise, just go to Sys Prefs and type airport status icon into the search box, spotlight should hightlight the right Pref item.

4. poiesznbeats thread starter macrumors newbie

5. wattzat macrumors newbie

Airport icon missing

What if there is no airport in the network list. Have done a hardware check and all ok. Have reinstalled Mac Os and still not showing. Any ideas anyone.

6. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Has it ever been there? Maybe you don't have an airport card?

7. wattzat macrumors newbie

Airport indicator

Well I think I do have one. I can go into airport utility and connect to my time capsule wirelessly and do backups. I thought the i7s came standard with the airport card built in anyhow. Any help would be appreciated as it is off 2000km to the nearest apple repairer tomorrow.