My Airport is dying, I think

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stgteck, Nov 7, 2009.

1. stgteck macrumors newbie

HELP! Its been a long 3 weeks of continual re-boots and Ethernet wires... For some reason, my MBP (version 4,1)'s Airport began with refusing to reconnect with the WiFI network @ home or work without rebooting. Even if I go to the airport tab, and click turn on airport.. nothing happens...

Now, (as of last night) the airport appears to identify the WiFI network, shows signal strength, but doesn't acquire a IP address or connect to the network.

Is this a symptom of the WIFI card going south?

how long does it take to get this repaired? I can't be without my computer longer than 2 days right now...aarrggh.

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

If you have an Apple Store near you, bring it in.
    Before you do that though, make sure it's a problem with your MacBook. You could be too far away from your base station, for example.

3. stgteck thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a global issue and not related to being home, too far away from the source. This is literally a software/ hardware issue. I even cleaned my preference files....

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Take it into an Apple Store and have it looked at. If they need to fix it, they might be able to do it in-store, instead of sending it to their repair facility.