Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

striker10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I installed Vista on my iMac after installing Leopard. Everything seems to have gone well except I can't get my Apple aluminum wireless keyboard to be recognized by bluetooth in Vista. I had no problem with my wireless mighty mouse though, I add the keyboard to bluetooth devices and then I choose the option to automatically choose the passkey and everything seems to install fine even to the point that a pop up says the keyboard is installed and ready to use and the keyboard is listed in bluetooth devices but the keyboard still does not work. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Hachimachi

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2008
Same problem; well, mostly

Were you able to solve that problem? I had no problem syncing up my mighty mouse, but the aluminum keyboard wouldn't sync properly. It appears to be doing the same thing: when I select "Let me choose my own passkey" and enter a 6 digit code, on the next screen it doesn't even let me enter the code. It just automatically seems to sync my keyboard. But the keyboard doesn't actually work and it drops the keyboard from the list of paired peripherals as soon as I refresh the list of devices.

I have Vista Home installed on a Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.