My aluminum macbook is wobbling!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macbook10, May 4, 2009.

1. macbook10 macrumors newbie

Alright so today I noticed how much my Aluminum Macbook is wobbling. I have had it since December and have noticed that it wobbles sometimes. Today, however it seemed to wobble more than ever. It wobbles more when it is shut. I talked to apple support and they have set me up for an appointment this week. Hopefully there is a fix. It may be the rubber feet or the battery cover, which I have had previous trouble with. Has anyone else had this problem??Correction. It is off balance. Not wobbling on its own

2. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

4. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm sorry. I dont understand
    do you mean they need video to see it, because I am taking it to the apple store

5. MacBook.Matt macrumors regular

he means that he doesn't believe it until he sees a video of it. I believe he thinks it is wobbling on its own, as I first did when I read the title. However I think you mean its just off balance and any sudden motion will cause it to wobble. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright sorry it wobbles as in it is unbalanced. The front right corner and the back left are the spots where it is not balanced. When I put pressure on right side it wobbles. Does that make more sense?

7. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

I was joking around with you.

Does the battery cover not close properly? That would make it wobble. There are small tabs where it closes that you bend in order to make it fit better.

8. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have had previous trouble with the batter cover, it is somewhat lose and "taps" when I hit it. I have bent the attachment before, put I may try again.

9. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Yeah it shouldn't move much if it is fitted correctly.

10. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

So it has been a little bit since I have noticed the problem. I bought speck case for my computer, and it helps with the wobble. But it is still bugging me. I think I should take it to the genius bar. Will they do anything? Can they since I have had it since december. I have apple care for it. Please help.

12. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Had a similar problem when on the second MacBook Pro I got. Seems like the base of the MacBook Pro (bottom plate) was not leveled which made it unbalanced when pressed on the bottom right corner. I don't know if there is a fix other than replacing the whole body so good luck.

13. macbook10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think that apple would replace the body?? And what will happen if they do replace it but I have the old model?

14. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

They could look at it to see if they can replace a part, but it is probably just a cosmetic issue. If you are persistent and courteous they may be able to help you but I'm doubting there is anything they can do.

15. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I'm going to have to agree. I'm sure someone was successful but I don't think most can go into an Apple Store and ask for a repair on a cosmetic fault. This looked like it came out of the box unbalanced and in that case should've been taken care of within the 14 day policy. I know how annoying it can be even if it isn't that big but try your luck and see if something can be done and I'm pretty sure the whole body would need to be replaced - can't just simply bend it back into shape.