My Amazing Apple Store Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newellj, Oct 24, 2016.

1. newellj macrumors 603

I have been going back and forth with the iPhone 7 since launch day and finally decided to go back to the 7 and stick with it. As luck would have it, the 7 that I bought yesterday was an RF dud. Sitting next to my wife's 6 with three bars, this phone was showing "No Service" or zero bars. I spent 4 1/2 hours with Verizon trying to troubleshoot the thing, going up through several techs. We went through many resets and restores and changes of SIM card and just about everything else you could imagine.

I went back to the Apple Store today and sonuvbeech as soon as I get into the mall it starts showing 4-5 bars. I explained the situation to the Genius who did a little investigating and disappeared into the back, coming out with a new (and that's new, not refurb) iPhone 7 jet black 128gb. He handed me the phone and gave me the charger, cords, etc. from the first phone for my trouble, and then installed a new glass screen saver to replace the one that I'd installed on the phone last night.

I know we hear horrible stories about experiences at the Genius Bar, but these guys really treated me as good as you could possibly expect, maybe better.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

And a true inspiration why I choose Apple over any other company with customer service and premium hardware. Apple can have my money.

3. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

you're one of the rare that highlights a pos experience and the lack of reply pretty much shows that people tend to rant more then they thank. they take for granted what most don't automatically get...and people tend to remember that one horrible experience but forget about the nine other positive ones.

4. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

Good to hear.

Not to detract from your experience, but your experience is rather normal for me when I venture into the 'Store.

It's possible because I've been in and out several hundred times buying multitudes of product in approximately ten years, but from what I see when I go, everyone gets taken care of very well.

5. njek macrumors member

njek

Apple have the best customer service out there IMHO...I've never experienced anything remotely negative from them

6. GooBoyGle macrumors member

GooBoyGle

7. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Barely had any trouble with Apple products since my Macintosh 512 way back when......

The rare times I have had a problem, Apple always came through for me. Why I keep buying their stuff.