My Apartment Complex's Internet Sucks

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by bucknasty12, Aug 28, 2012.

1. bucknasty12 macrumors newbie

So I'm living in an apartment complex that gives me free internet. It's a pretty sweet deal, except the internet is absolutely worthless at night and on the weekends (pretty much any time there're a lot of people home using it.) Is there anything out there that will boost my signal or increase my share of internet so I can use it?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Perhaps you should look into getting your own internet connection. This way it would be yours and hopefully it wouldn't bog down at nights and weekends.

3. bucknasty12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I don't want to pay a monthly fee for internet. If there's something that would give me a better share at a one-time-cost that would be perfect. Thanks for the reply ucfgrad!

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, there's not. If you want a better connection, you'll have to pay for your own.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Boils down to the fact you get what you pay for. Since you do not want free Internet you will only get slow speeds.

6. AngryGerbil macrumors 6502a

AngryGerbil

Install dd-wrt on the router then use QoS to assign high bandwidth to your ip address only... Other than that, get your own internet service.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

he can not do that as he would not have access to the router that controls the internet for everyone. Plus that is a very VERY quick way to get yourself banned from the free internet.

8. AngryGerbil macrumors 6502a

AngryGerbil

I know that... I was being... what do they call it? Oh, a smartass.