My apologies to jailbroken iPhone friends

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by btcutter, Apr 18, 2010.

1. btcutter macrumors 6502

:eek:
    I have said that multi tasking, changing themes, simply notification system, easy access to control etc were not a big deal..........I WAS WRONG!:eek:

You were right!
    I have a 3G iPhone and now jailbroken......wow! unleash the power of CONTROL!!!!

I have everything OS 4.0 has except a unified mailbox. Unless there's some incredible hardware upgrade, why would I spend the money? I can do EVERYTHING on my 3G now!!!

Great Notification system on my locked screen. Quick reply FROM my locked screen. Immediate access to control, 3G, Wifi, bluetooth etc with a gesture and multi-task (everything or apps of my choosing).

Everyone SHOULD Jailbreak their phone!!!!! Unleash the iPhone power.

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

haha not to mention wifi hotspotting your phone.
    i have 3,1,3 3gs so..... im waiting but i am so freaking ready

4. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

I can make crystal clear, Free (if you don't include bandwidth charge) international calls with Skype to my cousins in Europe while riding my mountain bike on the trails (in a forest) through 3G with Voipover3G..that my friend is something else..not many smart phones I know of are capable of that.

I do not care much for Winterboard, since I keep hearing some custom themes actually eat away battery and strain the performance of your phone, so to me as unique as themes are, I don't really care....

Best part of jailbreaking is: there's something special for everyone in it.

Enjoy it my friend.:cool:

5. hsotnicam8002 macrumors 6502

hsotnicam8002

I had my iphone 3G 3.1.3 for about a year and was getting really bored. Since JB it's like a different phone. Battery was never that good and I can't see any different even with Winterboard. I have had a couple of crashes that I never did before, and it's a bit slower to restart but Hey, compared to the benefits it's no hassle. And JB'ing was so easy and took just 10 minutes. Actually, it really is a smartphone now and has most of the features of the competition (except still no MMS with gif and sound - can anyone recommend an app?).

6. btcutter thread starter macrumors 6502

Right now I am not purchasing any applications because of OS 4.0 on the horizon. Once I get the 3G upgraded to OS 4.0, I hope it can get it jailbroken again. Then I can decide if purchasing applications is worthwhile or buy the NEW iPhone and jailbreak the New iPhone with new apps.

But it's fun playing with Jailbroken phone....so many options:D

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

8. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Ditto!

9. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

couple things...

i was you about a year ago, same phone, as im on a 3G with 3.1.2 JB, and i absolutely love it.

now i suggest to you what im going to do, since the 4.0 OS doesnt offer us much more than what we have now, and im not going to grab the new model right away. im thinking about getting the 3GS and having the same JB features i have right now, only prob with my current situation is that its sooo slow. so im thinking just grabbing someones 3GS, when they upgrade to the 4.0 is the ticket.

and what is this app you talk about, replying from the lockscreen?

my two cents.

10. bush1974 macrumors member

I've had a 3g and now a 3gs and have always been jailbroken. That is until my phone started rattling and the Apple Store replaced it with a new one with 3.1.3. GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I have never been so bored with my phone - IT JUST HAS TO BE JAILBROKEN! Come on Dev-Team, put me out of my misery!

11. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I deffinatly know where your comming from. I didn't think it was that big of a deal either. I didn't want to be teathered as I thought it would be a huge pain and almost upgraded to 3.1.3, but something told me to hold off. Anyway, once I saw that there will eventually be an unteathered jb, I said what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I don't think I could go back now. Being teathered hasn't even been an issue so far. It's just way better to have more control, and make your device do what you want it to do. The only reason for me to want new hardware is because I want a better screen and more battery life. My 3gs is just as fast as it was before so it works for me, but I really want an improved screen and battery. I can see why people really like android.

12. btcutter thread starter macrumors 6502

Quikreply I think but it cost $4.99? I didn't buy it because I don't know what I am going to do if the new phone comes out.

I've also been tempted by Verizon's Incredible and Sprints EVO 4G.

13. btcutter thread starter macrumors 6502

I broke down and bought MyWi! it's worth it even if I just use it occasionally to tether my MPB. It's surprising fast even on Edge! $9.99 well spent!

14. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I feel your pain...I'm in the same situation....I've even been trawling ad sites looking for someone selling a 3.1.2 (untethered) iphone. I'd rather pay £450 than sit here with an un-jailbroken phone!!

15. btcutter thread starter macrumors 6502