My App is ready. Ready to start the provisioning process...

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jtbullet, May 15, 2009.

1. jtbullet macrumors member

but now i notice there are a slew of changes i may or may not need to install. I know I need to install beta 5 of the sdk. Do I need to install the itunes beta? How about the new iPod touch firmware beta (my testing device)?

What is the correct order of installation, or is there one?

I hope to not run into major coding issues, but since my app is only built using uncomplicated techniques, and it only displays and navigates pre loaded images, I think it will be ok.

Any hints anyone can offer on this process would be appreciated. Yes I am watching the videos and reading the provisioning docs now!
    Have a good one!

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

At least make sure you install the SDK for 3.0 in a different location. All new app submissions must be "3.0 compatible" (not entirely sure exactly what that means), but you cannot submit an app built using the 3.0 SDK. You must submit it using a 2.x build.

3. jtbullet thread starter macrumors member

this is very confusing. I was under the impression that submission has to be done using the new sdk. Is that not true?

4. jtbullet thread starter macrumors member

Thanks this could have messed me up! You wear your demigod status well!

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Also, there was this in the "Getting Ready for iPhone OS 3.0" doc:

6. themiracle macrumors regular

You don't need to do this. It keeps the build environment for the 2.x versions available after you install the new SDK. You can test using a 3.0 phone or simulator, but you also build using a 2.x configuration.

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I think the two sources I've linked to say otherwise, especially that step 8. You cannot submit an app built using Xcode 3.1.3. You need to use 3.1.2.