My Apple collection

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by macaddict23, Dec 12, 2008.

1. macaddict23 macrumors 6502

macaddict23

Here's my entire Apple Collection to date.

Here are my Macs, all packed in a little 13'x10' room.

My main setup is a 30" ACD + 23" Acrylic ACD, and one of my all-time favorite Macs, the 20" iMac 20".

All units are in working condition. In the middle shelves, I have two Cubes and a 15" and 17" Studio Displays, an eMac and a 15" iMac G4. All have airport cards and will primarily used when we family gatherings.

As for the six MDDs on the top shelf, four are Dual 1.25s, one Dual 867, and a Dual 1.42. These suckers are LOUD! I can't work on them for 10 minutes without getting irritated.

As for the iMacs shelf, I'm only collecting the slot-load models. But I had to get the original 233MHz iMac. I'm still looking for the Strawberry, Tangerine, Lime, and Sage. I've been looking at eBay and Craigslist everyday for the past year, and not once have I ever seen a Sage model. I think these are more rare than the Flower Power and/or Dalmatian.

I'm also posting a few of my posters. I have a bunch more in the shelf. I just haven't had the time to head down to Michael's to pick up a few more frames.

One of my biggest regrets is throwing away my first ever Mac, a 266MHz Tangerine iMac, which I bought new back in 1998. It crapped out on me back in 2004. I wasn't tech-savvy then, so I didn't bother fixing it. Sure, I can always pick one up now, but it's not the same :-(

The last image is that of my wife's setup, which is a Dual 1GHz QS hooked up to a 22" ACD. This was my old setup when I was going through Community College. I bought this system just to "kiss butt." Just kiddin. She does support my addiction.

Enjoy . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

That's a great collection, good show. Love the G4 lamps.

3. macaddict23 thread starter macrumors 6502

macaddict23

Thank you. Personally, the G4 iMacs and Cubes are best looking computers Apple has ever made.

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Are there iPhones and iPods in those boxes, and the rest of the row full too?

5. macaddict23 thread starter macrumors 6502

macaddict23

The iPhones and other contents in the packaging are all in use.

6. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Sign! I count 9 Cubes! :eek:

I'm glad I have one, my first Mac.

7. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

cubes

Fabulous collection!! well laid out.
    Got to ask, why 9 Cubes? all working??

I thought I was lucky having one! Mind you mine is special, upgraded to 1.8 G4 and bigger HD and better graphics (not by me! bought it already done).

http://www.mac-collection.co.uk/

8. Mac SK macrumors member

WOW! Awesome Dude...What about a printer shelf..Now I feel better about my Apple laser printer collection. Thanks for a look into your world.:D

9. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Pretty slick collection. Most of mine is all pre-G4. I'd get those MDD's all up and running as a cluster though. Good luck finding your iMacs. I've had every flavor except a Dalmation and FlowerPower. A buddy of mine just threw away a Lime, Grape, and Graphite.

10. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Agreed- I'm not interested in starting a large collection (especially not THAT large :D) but one day I will own a working Cube and a G4. I just want to own them, no specific task for either computer. I just think they're gorgeous pieces of design- like owning a classic car- to be enjoyed and ogled.

11. claimjumper macrumors newbie

claimjumper

Oh so nice!

Wow, Your collection is awesome. Mine is tiny by comparison but then so is my computer den. My first day in the forums. Other Addicts like me! WooHoo!

12. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

That retro 17" Display from 2000 is nice.

The Power Mac G4 with the silver door looks shocking next to the “Quicksilver” version which proceeded it.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Very nice collection. Now all you need are shelves worthy of displaying such an impressive collection. :D

14. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

That's a great collection.

All I have is G4 mini Mac 1.42 Ghz, 1 gig RAM (main computer) and G3 iBook, 300 Mhz, 160 megs RAM, no airport card (backup computer). And does anybody know what they are currently worth used?

Garaged are an old Power Mac w/lcd and a Performa 600 which doesn't have monitor, but the Performa was purchased from one of Apple's early VPs so I may hang onto that for history. He's still alive so I should have him sign it so a super Apple historian can appreciate it.

15. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I've seen those 300MHz clamshells selling for about $45 on ebay.